Anyone know Anything about the scene in Berlin?

Motivations and reasons put asside (ranging from my wife's Opera career to the "shock to the system" philosophy towards Art) I'm finding myself being transplanted into Germany in a little over a month.
I don't know German (though attempting to learn as fast as possible), which is an obvious obstacle.

I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what to expect from the scene/cinema experience of Berlin/Germany. I've found a few things online but I was hoping to hear from someone with real world crediblity.
To sum up my experiences: SUNY Binghamton Cinema graduate, 23 experienced more on the digital end...looking to make Art over Industry...but with very little real experience within me, my opinions/thoughts expected to be compromised/or adapt.

What can someone like me do/speak to/hunt down while I'm in Berlin?

Wish I could help.

OhGodtheRats, hope you adjust well in Germany. The little info I can give you is from my cousin who served in Germany for about two and a half years (Army). He mentioned that there are a lot of art fests in Berlin during Spring and Summer. And he mentioned that some American films (indie) actually debut their before they eventually come to the US.

Unfortunately, my cousin isn't very artsy, so that is all the info I got out of him on that front. But if you want to know what it's like to have a party with a bunch of drunk German hookers, then I have a story (of his) I can pass along to you.

Poke

In Berlin

Still working on the adjustment bit. Thanks for the offer of hooker adventure tales but I'll sadly have to pass.

The call for help is still active though, learning German as fast as I can.

Back