Anyone ever create a time laps video?

I found a really easy way to make a time laps using Jasc Animation Shop.

Just import 1 of 100 frames and poof. I video taped about 2 hours of a rising sun one morning with a thin layer of clouds (saris?) and did small sections of video import.

You can only bring in like a few minutes of video at a time (Or your computer will lock up). took about an hour of simple editing do to the amount of video i could import into jasc, but it paid off. I got 1/100th speed of a sun rising.

I was thinking of having me stand in front of a greenscreen and have the image of the sun rise behind me but I never got around to it. Kind of like the film 3 Kings where Ice cube has the clouds moving really fast above his head.

anyone know of another inexpensive way to do this process? If you can find an older version of jasc (6 or 7) it is shareware. there is no ending of trial period, but i wouldnt try to use it for commercial use until you purchase it. I plan on buying the newest version of it in the next year since I believe paint shop will import avi files to do some touch ups.

I have done a time laps video before. However I just sped it up using Premiere. I guess the quickie cheaters way to do it. And to think of it, it did take a long time to render. But since I am here, and we are talking about this. I am new to the effects part. I have been doing a lot of editing lately, around 4-5 hours a day. I am just about to start filming a new feature, so I expect to be doing much more.

The type of shot you mentioned was actually what I had in mind. I have after affects but I am still teaching myself to work with it. Can you let me in on a few tips on how to edit it to be able to use a greenscreen? I haven't a clue on how to get started.

directorlca said:
you can check out some timelapses that I've done if you'd like, the smoothest one is "clouds" but the rest are ok too.

http://homepage.mac.com/directorlca/timelapse/Menu31
:huh:

We're sorry, but we can't find the HomePage you've requested. It's possible that:

° The address was entered incorrectly. Check your spelling and try again.

° The .Mac member of this name has either created a page and removed it or has never published a HomePage.

° There is no .Mac member of this name. If you'd like this member name for yourself, sign up for a .Mac account right now and have your own HomePage in minutes.

Back