anyone else's ideas being seen in films before he put them in a film?

have you ever had an idea in your scrapbook and one day see it in a film? how would you react?

it has happened to me many times, the most recent one was a couple days ago when i read somewhere that Iceland is planning to start drilling underground in 2 years from now or so. back in 2007 i had an unfinished script about Iceland's underground, so by the time i finish my film, people will think that the real life facts inspired me. :lol:

Doesn't drilling always take place underground? :P

As a student I was making a black and white short with one shot with one color. The rain was animated (drawn with a ball point). Some shots had a pretty high contrast.

Guess what: Sin City showed up when I was making it.

Ideas are in the air.
It happens all the time...

Doesn't drilling always take place underground? :P

As a student I was making a black and white short with one shot with one color. The rain was animated (drawn with a ball point). Some shots had a pretty high contrast.

Guess what: Sin City showed up when I was making it.

Ideas are in the air.
It happens all the time...

you read my other thread in the "software" section and you combined the answer? xaxaxaxaxa :lol:

Or when you are writing a script and someone tells you that there is already a book that follows the same storyline as your script and the only logical explanation is that they are time travelers from the future who saw how awesomely successful your movie was so they went back in time before you made it so that they could make it. Yeah I hate that:P

Back