• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Any screenwriter wants to collaborate for a short film?

Hey guys. Are there any writers out there with a nice short screenplay for a film? (5-7 mins pref)
Any genre goes but I'm more partial to my two favourite genres- Horror and Science Fiction. I believe rarely does someone takes a risk in these genres these days, be it Big Hollywood or good old indie/Online Platforms. I'm inspired by Lovecraft and Cronenberg and Shirley Jackson and Tarkovsky. I would love to produce a film that is not a plot that unravels for the sake of a 'twist ending.' But something that seeps in mood and texture and has a strong spiritual awareness. I have a background in VFX so little of that won't hurt as well. Sorry If this sounds too vague or general, but I really don't know how to go about asking for this. So basically, I'm sharing my point of view and if anyone agrees with it, feel free to share your crazy,insane story that only you could have told.

A little bit about me and the project-

I have made few short films (One entered few competitions) and then 2-3yrs ago, I tried to make a feature length sci fi noir. (http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=36198 )
Unfortunately, due to incredibly crazy circumstances that befell more independent micro budget movies than one would think, it died in post. I was helming everything on the project and shooting it under 1000$. It started due to the fact that I didn't pay enough attention to assembling a synergetic crew and it lead to bad energy as clashing personalities came to work on it. And it suffered a slow death. And it is with any parent, I couldn't see it. I worked on that dead baby for 2 years before realizing what I was doing. It took a part of me with it and I'm on my way to discovering how to work with what is left inside. I thought it will be painful but it is exciting and feels good. So I decided to get back on the horse again because Cinema..man. This is what we do. :)

I live in India, currently so some changes might have to be done to locations. Language wont be an issue. Also, since I'm basically starting once again, it is a zero budget movie. Unfortunately, all I could offer you at this point is a credit and a chance to see your imagination come to life in a foreign locale. I,however, am hoping to meet good writers with whom I could share lasting relationships. I do plan to work on adapting Blackwood Algernon's "The Willow" in future so if anybody likes all that, message me as well.
Thanks. :)

Hello. Wise choice - no darn twist ending phony weird stuff. The way I think you should go about this is that you write your email address here and people send their best 5-7 pages, then you pick the one you want to shoot.

I'm instantly thinking about a scene from a feature that I wrote. Shoot that and your film would help me selling the script. That's the normal situation for a writer. A great deal for everybody involved in your project.

What sorts of locations do you have to shoot? Are you urban or rural India? Lots of possibilities with the local colour, perhaps.

Love the location, by the way :) Fond memories of that game...

Can't collaborate ,
but, got horror movie script.
5 min.
twist.
if intrested .
mail :johnzxyx@yahoo.com.

I know sci fi won't suite you , depending on location you come from.
just kidding.

Back