Any general tips on how to make a film more dramatic cinematic or appear bigger

In addition to the above...

Great acting, great sound, great score, great locations, great sets, great wardrobe & great H/MU.

And also add more drama; crying, sadness, conflict, overjoyous characters, birth/death, these really help it be dramatic. Also, use rare and/or expensive props, locations, and topics. Very shallow depth of field on all shots, and make sure to use as many cliche's as possible... Just to keep it mainstream.
Appeal to the masses, the average, the general populace.. Everyone loves something they can relate to. Using a lens in the 14-24mm range will give you a "big picture" feel, Rokinon have acceptable offerings. By all means, make SURE it has top notch music and dialog quality. This will be a key to making it more "dramatic cinematic or appear bigger... mainstream". Our ears can tell a lie faster than our eye's, Alcove is correct. Hire pro's if you can, otherwise become the pro...
On top of these, make sure your lighting is perfect. Hard shadows and low contrast help out a ton. Also try to get an explosion of some sort in there, really shake it up to keep the interest.

OK, all kidding aside... these really are great tips. It just depends on the details of your film. Do you have any specific problem areas? Are you lacking "dramatic cinematic or appear bigger" parts in your film? Drama's definition is found in the dictionary.. Cinema can be observed on Netflix.. And bigger? Well, what's your starting point?? Bigger than what? A $20 budget or a $20million budget???
We all want magic answers but unfortunately we all have to accomplish things one step at a time...

And also add more drama; crying, sadness, conflict, overjoyous characters, birth/death, these really help it be dramatic. Also, use rare and/or expensive props, locations, and topics. Very shallow depth of field on all shots, and make sure to use as many cliche's as possible... Just to keep it mainstream.
Appeal to the masses, the average, the general populace.. Everyone loves something they can relate to. Using a lens in the 14-24mm range will give you a "big picture" feel, Rokinon have acceptable offerings. By all means, make SURE it has top notch music and dialog quality. This will be a key to making it more "dramatic cinematic or appear bigger... mainstream". Our ears can tell a lie faster than our eye's, Alcove is correct. Hire pro's if you can, otherwise become the pro...
On top of these, make sure your lighting is perfect. Hard shadows and low contrast help out a ton. Also try to get an explosion of some sort in there, really shake it up to keep the interest.

OK, all kidding aside... these really are great tips. It just depends on the details of your film. Do you have any specific problem areas? Are you lacking "dramatic cinematic or appear bigger" parts in your film? Drama's definition is found in the dictionary.. Cinema can be observed on Netflix.. And bigger? Well, what's your starting point?? Bigger than what? A $20 budget or a $20million budget???
We all want magic answers but unfortunately we all have to accomplish things one step at a time...

i feel like i have everything you mentioned. Just inexperienced so im fishing for something i'm missing. I could mention some of those things to my d of p

I would also add to use longer lenses as well. Some people complain that shorter length lenses, although allowing a wider picture, can give a movie a more home video look, cause of barrel distortion. So lenses that are 50mm and over, will be good for some shots for sure. Oh and people are use to movies being more cinematic if they have a 2.35:1 aspect ratio, or an aspect ratio that is wider than 1.77:1. Tell the DP to shoot that way.

Back