Antihero got a limited theatrical engagement

Antihero will be screening at the awesome reRun theater, in Brooklyn, NY, opening Sept. 21st! As with all reRun releases, this will be a one-week engagement.

I almost posted this in the Promo section, because of course I do hope that this thread will help get the word out, and that's fine if any mod wants to move it over there.

However, I placed it in the Distro/Sales/Marketing section because I'd really like any advice that anyone would like to give out. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or a total newb, if you've got an idea for how I can get more butts in the seats, I'd love to hear it.

I don't have any money for marketing, so this will have to be more internet-type stuff. Of course I'll be soliciting people on FB and twitter to get the word out. Are there any other websites/networks I should be hitting up?

And reviews -- this is actually one of the main reasons I wanted to get into reRun, as it will likely mean that we get a review by the NY Times. But now I'm feeling stupid for having not contacted a bunch of indie review sites. I shall definitely commence contacting indie websites, immediately. And though they normally take a long time to get a review, maybe the pending limited theatrical release will motivate them to do it sooner?

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do, other than to arrive in NYC a few days before the release, and pass out fliers. I guess I should definitely try to get something written up by any underground press. Any New Yorkers have any advice for online or offline local press that I should contact?

Lastly, I hope anyone in the NYC area can make it. I'll be in attendance for Q&A. :D

Back