another question. white balance

i noticed the white balance to be used alot in films and i am wondering what the hold option does. does it map a blue colored paper as white when i select hold with the blue paper filling the view of the cam? i tried it and it didnt work so i am wondering if anyone know wat im doing wrong or what im talkin about at all. haha.

iv been asking alot of questions :P sorry guys

Generally the process is you set it to auto and put the white (or other color) card in front of the camera in the light with which you have lit the scene. You then change it to hold after the camera has used it's auto mode to set the white balance to your reference. Make sure the card takes up the whole frame or it will try to account for other colors in the frame.

Page 48 in your user manual has the answers you are looking for...I don't have experience with this camera, but the manuals are available for download at http://www.sony.com

If following the instructions there don't get you the results you're looking for, you may want to call sony's tech support line and ask them why it doesn't work as advertised...

Back