• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Amber" - An Action/Drama about Human Trafficking

We could use your support in creating our feature film "Amber." Check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Iz17H1w3E

Kickstarter Link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lakestreetfilms/the-amber-project

“Amber” is an ACTION/DRAMA about a Man who follows a truck described in an Amber Alert. He stumbles into a Human Trafficking Ring and has to rely on strangers to help him save the kid. It’s an intense, gritty action film, but its also a film about courage; about ordinary people making extraordinary choices to do what’s right.

In the United States, a child is missing or kidnapped every 40 seconds. That’s over 2,100 children per day. In 2011, over 800,000 children were reported missing. When a child is abducted, the first 3 hours are the most crucial in getting the child back safely. Law enforcement immediately launches a widespread search for the missing child. Amber Alerts are vital in the race to save that child.

Please help us make our Goal!

Deadline: September 2nd, 2012 at 11:59pm.

Check out our YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lakestreetfilm?feature=mhee

Amber (Estimated )Budget Breakdown:

All numbers are estimated for a 15 day shoot schedule.

Production Equipment:

Production Insurance - 5000
Permits - 3000
RED Scarlet Production Package - 5000
Zeiss Prime Lenses Set - 3000
SteadyCam Operator (for 7 days) - 7000
Jib Arm (7 days) - 1000
Shoulder mount - 600
Varizoom Vest - 400
Lighting Package - 3000
Audio Equipment - 500
Misc. Equipment - 3000

Total = $30,500

Crew:

Line Producer - 5000
DP - 3750
Asst. Cameraman - 2250
Asst. Director - 3000
Gaffer - 2250
Grip - 2250
Audio Recordist - 2250
PA - 1500

Total = $22,250

Actors - 15000
Locations - 5000
Casting - 2000
Props & Vehicles - 5000
Wardrobe, Set Dress & Makeup - 5000
Food - 5000
Music - 2000
VFX - 5000
Final Color - 2000

Total = $46,000

Estimated Total Production Cost = $99,750

I will be supplying most of the audio recording equipment as well as doing the Video Editing and Audio Foley and Mixing myself. I have an extensive background in Audio Recording and Engineering.

If I'm lucky enough to obtain more than my goal, I would use the additional funds to first rent another RED Scarlet package and necessary crew. This would allow me to get more coverage while shooting. I would also invest into better Actors and locations which would ultimately raise the films production value.

I will also be adding $10-15,000 of my own funds for misc expenses related to the full creation of this film.

Thank you for taking the time to review my project. If you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to contact me.

- Christopher Miles
lakestreetfilms@gmail.com

For more information go to:

www.lakestreetfilms.com
www.facebook.com/OfficialLakeStreetFilms
www.twitter.com/LakeStreetFilms

Last edited:
That's quite an ambitious goal to crowdsource.
I hope your fan base and peeps base are pretty broad.
Good luck!

And of course, your campaign has been added to the running crowdfunding list:
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=275410#post275410

FWIW:
"How will the money be used?
Aside from a 5% Kickstarter fee and a 3-5% Amazon credit card processing fee, all funds raised will be used directly for the production and marketing of the film."
... is fairly less than informative, especially considering the amount the project is seeking.

Also:
"It will be an intense Action film, yet maintain a PG-13 rating to attract a wider audience. My target audience would be Men and Women 18-55."

You gonna get the MPAA to rate this? Really?
That's one heckuva well rounded 4Q audience you're seeking.
What is the distribution plan for audiences in meaningful numbers to see this?

And (sorry):
"What is the Mass Suit?
The MASS Suit is a unique patented design used by professional and amateur athletes to provide resistance training for your entire body using rubber resistance bands. We will be launching a web-series starring Angel Valerio demonstrating this product soon."

Umm... did I miss something? What does this have to do with the story or production as described? TYIA.

Last edited:
Rayw,

1. You're right. I've always had the breakdown ready upon request, but decided to add it to my post. I will add it to my Kickstarter Page as well.
2. I believe this film will appeal to a wide audience because most everyone knows what an Amber Alert is, and almost everyone has a child, younger sibling, or someone in their lives that could become prey to criminals.
3. I plan to market the film with various Human Rights groups to increase the public awareness about Human Trafficking. As well as launching and online marketing campaign that has already begun and will continue until we begin limited theatre release dates. This is how we will build our fanbase.

The Mass Suit video is something I'm doing with a Sponser for Angel Valerio (one of my lead Actor's) upcoming fight. It was thought to be a treat, a way to get to know the actor before the film.

- Christopher Miles

The monster goal aside, I thought this might have been a nice project with definite merit.
I'm sorry to see this campaign did not reach its goal and hope that it can progress forward in some other capacity.

Good luck.

Ray

Back