Amazon did it again.

Amazon just announced that filmmakers who have films on AMAZON PRIME will now be paid 4 cents per hour...down from the 6 cents that they were previously paying. Bummer.

It was too good to be true. Amazon Prime Video is a free service connected to the Prime membership which gives you free shipping on many of the purchases made on Amazon. They have to be bleeding money. I honestly don't know how they can provide the free shipping either.

It was too good to be true. Amazon Prime Video is a free service connected to the Prime membership which gives you free shipping on many of the purchases made on Amazon. They have to be bleeding money. I honestly don't know how they can provide the free shipping either.

Prices are generally marked up enough to the point that shipping costs don't really matter. and for small items that they would lose money on to ship for free they usually make them add on items so that you have to buy more things to buy that item. I think its like $25 to even be able to buy small items like pencils with prime

The only part of Amazon making money is the webhosting services.
The Amazon store with shipping has always been bleeding money, relying on investors to make up for charging predatory prices. That part of their business model is even so bad, that while scaling up the percentage of costs grew.

If anyone would even seperate the hosting services from the rest, the rest would go bye bye in no time without the influx of new investments.

So they are trying to make their business work.
At least they pay for the amount of viewtime instead of % of total viewtime.
(Like Spotify does: that is a winner takes all system.)

Back