• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Amazing outdoor shoot with model.

You mean towards the beginning with the darker segments in the green? I barely applied any color correction to this.

Really all of it. When the exposure range in the photo gets wide, sometimes areas are crushed (black with no detail) sometimes areas are blown out (her face in one sequence). It's the weakness of these cameras and the thing you spend the most time fighting. Do you have the option of something like the canon color proiles on the AF100?

Not sure what you mean by Canon color profile, scene settings? I really like my blacks to be really crushed, but when the highlights get blown out I hate is as well and I posted a picture of the shot you are talking about(I'm sure it's the same one it bugged me too) The crushed blacks remind of like 70's film stock that i adore greatly. The later shots next to the trees there wasn't much darks to crush and such. below are 2 non graded pics and one graded to compare. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT. It won't post any pics I put here for some reason. Here is a link to the 3 pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68360844@N04/6217897632/

Last edited:

First, your slow slides look nice.
Second, very nice location scouting.
Third, great composition.
Fourth, it's nice to see an attractive "model" that isn't a sub-size 2.
She is pretty, but she looks like off limits jail bait to me. GL with her career.

All that wrapped in a bow - DUDE! Make a horror movie in this setting! Pronto!
Make it creepy!
No "madman with a knife/ax/garden tool" slasher.
Witchcraft. Ghosts. Bring the dead to life.
Get Lusty Lolita out there dragging a dead man across the mud flats and then resurrect his corpse for one more night.
Something!

GL!

Ray

Thanks Ray! And I really actually wanted to film an escaped slave scene there where he is being chased through the marshlands etc. Also she is actually 25 years old! :)
My idea is more fun. ;)
Glad to hear she's fair game. GL.

Last edited:
Thanks Ray! And I really actually wanted to film an escaped slave scene there where he is being chased through the marshlands etc. Also she is actually 25 years old! :)

I was actually talking at around 31 seconds, her face blows out. Easy to run into with that direct sun and shade both in the same shot on a digital camera with skinny dynamic range. Not saying I could have done any better (not likely to fly a 12 X 12 silk in the middle of the woods which would have been the solution), just pointing it out as something to watch out for.

If you're looking for some feedback, there's a couple things I would tweak. For one, it doesn't need to be as long as it is. 1-2 minutes would be plenty of time to get the point across. And the first thing I would cut is her rubbing the mud around on that log. It's too reminiscent of '2 Girls 1 Cup.' ;)

I was actually talking at around 31 seconds, her face blows out. Easy to run into with that direct sun and shade both in the same shot on a digital camera with skinny dynamic range. Not saying I could have done any better (not likely to fly a 12 X 12 silk in the middle of the woods which would have been the solution), just pointing it out as something to watch out for.

That is actually the shot I was talking about, her face is really blown out! Yea, it is hard with both shadows and sunlight. I had a pic of that in the link I put up.

If you're looking for some feedback, there's a couple things I would tweak. For one, it doesn't need to be as long as it is. 1-2 minutes would be plenty of time to get the point across. And the first thing I would cut is her rubbing the mud around on that log. It's too reminiscent of '2 Girls 1 Cup.' ;)

I actually was just re-cutting it to be shorter and fixed that blow out and a few other things. got to caught trying to go the length of the song :P

I didn't like the model. A little too corn fed. And she wasn't getting into it. I like the location and slides. Could be shorter.

Back