Amateur Composer Looking for Projects

Hello! My name is G. A. W. Gilman, and I am an amateur composer. I have been composing in some capacity since I was 8 years old (about 14 years), but I do not have experience composing to a film. Due to my lack of experience, I am very willing to do free or inexpensive work just to help gain experience and a show reel. Examples of my music can be found on my youtube channel, though I would recommend listening to either the first symphony, or the piano concerto, for examples on how I would tackle bigger, more cinematic works (I am currently working on my second symphony, which is a greater showcase of my skills. I have evolved as a composer since these pieces).

Short film work with beginner filmmakers would be excellent. Cheers!

Hi Gilman

I have a short that needs music, it's a simple 2-minute scene if you're interested

My thoughts: Sad piano music at the beginning, build from there into something more dramatic or angry.
I could give a sample track of something I liked (but was only 1 minute long) but I don't want to contaminate your creative process.

Last edited:
Hi! Go ahead and send me the sample track you liked. Inspiration and examples are always helpful for me in my creative process. Also, did you want just solo piano for the entire clip, or did you want it to grow into more instruments?

Hi! Go ahead and send me the sample track you liked. Inspiration and examples are always helpful for me in my creative process. Also, did you want just solo piano for the entire clip, or did you want it to grow into more instruments?
I liked the beginning of this piano clip

You can have creative freedom, if you want to grow your piano into more instruments have at it!

Last edited:
"G. A. W. Gilman" is my preferred way of being credited, yes. Also, would you like just the audio file when I finish? Or would you like me to attempt to mix the music into the clip?

Back