• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ALONE

I like this one too. Very nice music. Your collaboration with Alexander Maas has been very fruitful.

I think this piece illustrates the capabilities of DSLRs in low light.

Where was the exterior shot? From the view it looks like it was from somewhere in Virginia, maybe Rosslyn. Was it shot from some hill or the top of a building?

Gorgeous! Spent some time in DC last year and it was great to see it again - if a little more peaceful than I remember :) I particularly liked the audio transitions with the sound of the train, listening with headphones it felt a little like being underwater…

I see from the Vimeo page you shot on the 7D, did you crop the final picture to 'scope or were you using an anamorphic adapter?

I like this one too. Very nice music. Your collaboration with Alexander Maas has been very fruitful.

I think this piece illustrates the capabilities of DSLRs in low light.

Where was the exterior shot? From the view it looks like it was from somewhere in Virginia, maybe Rosslyn. Was it shot from some hill or the top of a building?

Thanks - your right Alexander is amazing!! If you liked his work so far maybe watch my 68 days short - he did a outstanding job with the sound design!! :)
68 Tage/68 Days

Your right - we were shooting from a roof deck in Rossyln - pretty close to the world war memorial: google.maps.com

Tim

Gorgeous! Spent some time in DC last year and it was great to see it again - if a little more peaceful than I remember :) I particularly liked the audio transitions with the sound of the train, listening with headphones it felt a little like being underwater…

I see from the Vimeo page you shot on the 7D, did you crop the final picture to 'scope or were you using an anamorphic adapter?

Thanks a lot!! Thats my favorite scene too :)

I mainly shot with the Sigma 30mm, some with the Kit lens 18-135 - so its all cropped, not anamorphic.

Thanks a lot!! Thats my favorite scene too :)

I mainly shot with the Sigma 30mm, some with the Kit lens 18-135 - so its all cropped, not anamorphic.

Ah okay, thanks! Some of the bokeh of the train lights looked a little squeezed, so I wasn't quite sure.

Just watched 68 Days - another fantastic little short, it's amazing how minimal the visuals can be and yet still tell a story.

Ah okay, thanks! Some of the bokeh of the train lights looked a little squeezed, so I wasn't quite sure.

Just watched 68 Days - another fantastic little short, it's amazing how minimal the visuals can be and yet still tell a story.

Glad you like it - a lot of people think differently about it ;)

I like 68 days a lot too.

Alexander Maas' work on sound and music is outstanding. The vocal piece towards the end reminds me of the soundtrack of "Black Hawk Down".

There's a backward tracking shot following the runner towards the end. It's very smooth. I don't suppose you have a dolly.

I like 68 days a lot too.

Alexander Maas' work on sound and music is outstanding. The vocal piece towards the end reminds me of the soundtrack of "Black Hawk Down".

There's a backward tracking shot following the runner towards the end. It's very smooth. I don't suppose you have a dolly.

Thanks a lot - I will forward your compliments to him :)

The running scenes are filmed out of a car... do you mean the shot at 1:20? I was just standing and shooting out of a big ceiling window, that opens completely... and with some extra tracking it nearly looks like heli cam ;)

Back