After Effects Acting Up

Has anyone else had issues with After Effects comps exported into Premiere Pro 5.5? A couple of things are happening; comps that are saved and exported into PP show up in the timeline, but they also change other comps that are already completed and writing over them with the new comp. Also, every once in a while every single comp in the timeline and other sequences comes up "media offline." Going back to the last saved version brings everything back, BUT it's frustrating as hell doing stuff over again.

Anybody?

I've had issues with using AE and PP before.

The way I do it right now is I use Adobe Dynamic Link to start a new AE composition and then work on the AE comp.

If I have to use a second AE comp, I start a whole new dynamic link. I don't use the original AE File and a new composition in the original file. For some reason it seems that the dynamic link likes the original composition the best to link to. So I create as many original compositions as I need.

I don't know if that made any sense, but I'll clarify further if you have any specific misunderstandings with what I just said.

best,
aveek

I've had issues with using AE and PP before.

The way I do it right now is I use Adobe Dynamic Link to start a new AE composition and then work on the AE comp.

If I have to use a second AE comp, I start a whole new dynamic link. I don't use the original AE File and a new composition in the original file. For some reason it seems that the dynamic link likes the original composition the best to link to. So I create as many original compositions as I need.

I don't know if that made any sense, but I'll clarify further if you have any specific misunderstandings with what I just said.

best,
aveek

No, it does make sense. I don't think this super-shortcut works very well in CS5.5 and I think I'll use dynamic link instead. Thanks!

No, it does make sense. I don't think this super-shortcut works very well in CS5.5 and I think I'll use dynamic link instead. Thanks!

Also, if you ever get the media offline message, just relink it. It's happened to me in the past. I think I just right clicked the missing file on the timeline and looked for the browse or some similar option and then linked the file it couldn't find for whatever damn reason.

Back