Advice on Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder

I was wondering if anyone had used, or had heard, anything about the Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder. I have a rode ntg 2 and used to record audio on the camera via an xlr port, but now that we have changed over to a Rebel t2i I am looking for a field recorder, or a device that will serve the same ends. If anyone has used the Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder, or knows anyone who has, I would be grateful to know how it held up and what kind of audio quality can be expected using an external mic.

Thanks

I am using a DR-100 as my field recorder. The dual battery option works very well. I have used it with a Sennheiser ME-80, ME-66, and AKG CK93 and in all cases have been very pleased with the results.

While it comes from the factory with the ability to record 24/48, there is a firmware upgrade that jacks that up to 24/96. The wired/wireless remote allows me to control the recorder from the boom pole.

My only complaint is that the form factor required me to configure a bag in a strange way so I could monitor the meters and have access to the input level controls.

B&H has this recorder for $299 with free shipping.

I was wondering if anyone had used, or had heard, anything about the Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder. I have a rode ntg 2 and used to record audio on the camera via an xlr port, but now that we have changed over to a Rebel t2i I am looking for a field recorder, or a device that will serve the same ends. If anyone has used the Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder, or knows anyone who has, I would be grateful to know how it held up and what kind of audio quality can be expected using an external mic.

Thanks

Back