• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Action Comedy by 18 year old

For a first short, that was really good man! Found it a bit slow at the start but after the briefing bit, i enjoyed it!

I think there was a bit of problem with the lighting in some scenes, eg in the scene where they are watching TV, some shorts are a lot brighter or darker than others. Just something to keep in mind next time

I wasnt really a fan of the amount of moving/dolly shots you had (unless you were purposefully mocking many action films, especially Michael Bay then good work haha), some where really nice, but at times they felt a bit unneeded, especially in contrast with the hand held shots, jumping from dolly to shaky hand held can be a bit distracting and uncomfortable for the audience.

Audio could have been a bit better, maybe a better mic or better mix, but it was still listenable

Other than that, good work man look forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks for the feedback! On the lighting issues outside, I'm not quite sure how to correct the issue of a cloud changing the lighting. Do I wait for the cloud to pass, tamper with the setting on the camera to allow more/less light in, or just edit it in post-production?

Back