Accepted and undecided for film school, advice?

Hi there indietalkers!

I have recently been accepted into both The Arts Institute Bournemouth and Bournemouth University Media School, based on my portfolio work. I am interested in eventually becoming a cinematographer, and although I have been accepted, I am unable to choose which would eventually push me in the right direction. For your consideration, or anyone on the other side of the pond ;), I have listed the two courses below.

Arts Institute Bournemouth
Bournemouth University

I thank you very much for any help or advice you may be able to provide,
Sincerely,
UKFB

This may or may not help you, but here is my experience with similar schools.

Currently I am going to Point Park University and near by is the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Why did I choose to study film at Point Park Univ. is because I would be having a more "typical" college experience while still studying film. The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, as is every Art Insititute of (name city in the US) is run more as a business than a University.

I have absolutely NO idea if this is how the Art Institute of Burnemouth is, but if it is. You need to ask yourself, am I doing this just to get a job, because it will most prepare you to be as marketable as possible, or do I want to spend the next few years growing in a more typical college setting?

Hopefully this provides some advice for you. And remember I have NO idea if that is how these schools are, but it is what I have seen most art institutes to be: a business

Back