• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A sword-slashing trailer arrives for Takashi Miike's "13 Assassins" -- The Filmsmith

A sword-slashing trailer arrives for Takashi Miike's "13 Assassins" -- The Filmsmith

This looks pretty violent...in a good sort of way. I had a friend who saw the film down at SXSW and said it was fantastic--a whole lot of pure Miike going on here! I think the last contemporary samurai film I saw was Fumihiko Sori's Ichi and I felt that that film was very well done for what it was trying to accomplish. This, of course, is different and whereas Sori's film felt more like a live-action anime, Miike's film may be taking it back a bit and kickin' it old school traditional-style samurai story--with his own twisted twist, of course.

http://thefilmsmith.com/2011/03/31/a-sword-slashing-trailer-arrives-for-takashi-miikes-13-assassins/

Last edited:
Back