• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Short Shot Entirely on an iPhone Using Snapchat

Hey Indietalk! I just finished editing a video that took me 4 months to make. It was all recorded on an iphone via the snapchat app or screen captured from the ios7 interface. I'd love to get your feedback on how it turned out. Make sure and watch the end!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=917E4pL2hpg

my_friend_sends_me_the_weirdest_snapchats_by_sethward-d74buxy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

:lol: Awesome job. Comedy is really hit or miss, and I think you did a fantastic job. Thanks for making me laugh, made my day.

Wow, thanks so much for the praise! I appreciate it! I've been trying to link my video online to different blogs and such but have had a hard time finding places that really understand the comedy I'm going for here. Do you have any suggestions on where you think this video could do well on??? Thanks again for watching!

It's very fast paced, why was it boring to you? How far did you get?

I watched the whole thing, The connection interested me thats why i kept watching, there was an element of interest, but the comedic factor of it I just couldn't laugh or anything, this may boil down to british humour, americans probably found it more funny.

good job though, nice idea adding the snapchat to gain a specific audience.. very smart thinking even if you didn't mean it

I watched the whole thing, The connection interested me thats why i kept watching, there was an element of interest, but the comedic factor of it I just couldn't laugh or anything, this may boil down to british humour, americans probably found it more funny.

good job though, nice idea adding the snapchat to gain a specific audience.. very smart thinking even if you didn't mean it

Oh yeah I totally get that! American and British humor is similar but can also be very different!

Ha ha Thanks for watching the whole thing man! And yeah it wasn't really adding the snapchat to gain an audience, the entire video is about snapchat. It's about a guy who is addicted to snapchat and can't stop sending them even after something HORRIBLE happens. It's really a take on our society right now spending(wasting) so much time these days on small videos (snapchats/vines/instagrams) that a handful of people may or may not seen then is buried under the pile of other content that is on the internet these days (or in snapchat's case, disappears after viewing it)

Like I said I appreciate you watching it! And for the feedback!

Oh yeah I totally get that! American and British humor is similar but can also be very different!

Ha ha Thanks for watching the whole thing man! And yeah it wasn't really adding the snapchat to gain an audience, the entire video is about snapchat. It's about a guy who is addicted to snapchat and can't stop sending them even after something HORRIBLE happens. It's really a take on our society right now spending(wasting) so much time these days on small videos (snapchats/vines/instagrams) that a handful of people may or may not seen then is buried under the pile of other content that is on the internet these days (or in snapchat's case, disappears after viewing it)

Like I said I appreciate you watching it! And for the feedback!

no probs, whats your next plan? Twitter? anonymous? instagram?

Ha ha ha you didn't even watch the rest of the short ha ha. It's obviously in portrait mode because it's made out of screen caps and snapchats... But thanks for nearly watching!!

I am not a snob. I am not a prude. I am open to many things...

BUT I AM NEVER, EVER, EVER GOING TO BE PART OF THE crAPPLE PORTRAIT FILMMAKING RIDICULOUSNESS..!

Again, with the 'sorry', but recording video in portrait mode with an iPhone/iPad does not make you a filmmaker...

KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!!!

no probs, whats your next plan? Twitter? anonymous? instagram?

Ha well if you must know, I made this as a pilot for a series for Channel 101 here in LA and it failed so I turned it into a youtube video. I had plans to make one for Vine and probably instagram... the possibilities are endless! haha

I am not a snob. I am not a prude. I am open to many things...

BUT I AM NEVER, EVER, EVER GOING TO BE PART OF THE crAPPLE PORTRAIT FILMMAKING RIDICULOUSNESS..!

Again, with the 'sorry', but recording video in portrait mode with an iPhone/iPad does not make you a filmmaker...

KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!!!

Woah man, sounds like your working through some personal issues... I'll leave it alone.

You're right, I know for a fact that you are definitely not my audience :lol:

Portrait mode. :lol:

Sorry, it's just not filmmaking. It looks shit, it feels shit, it is shit...

I am not going to get into it. The LAST thing i want to do is get into something with someone, so this is it. My opinion... Portrait mode is shit.

Last edited:
Back