• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A Scene I Directed and Produced...

Apart from a couple of questionable edits and the choice of angle for the reverse (both superior)... is different. It's decent.

Apart from a couple of questionable edits and the choice of angle for the reverse (both superior)... is different. It's decent.

Sweetie, thx for your feedback. Can you elaborate on the "questionable edits?" Also, I'm not following you on the "choice of angle" thing. Which angle(s) are you referring to?

The angle thing. Usually when one character is shot where the camera is lower than the subject (superior position - which you'd expect with the detective in an interrogation), the alternative character is usually shot from the inferior position (camera higher, looking down on the subject). While it's not always necessary depending on what you're trying to accomplish, it just helps the audience understand the situation.

13sec edit then quick edit at 14sec. You're mixing two shots in quick succession with different meanings. One with leading room and the other without. On top of that, you go to a close up without reason. If you're making the cut due to coverage issues that's one thing, but it comes across as more of a creative choice. On a side note, the edit is also a too quick snip that doesn't fit in with the pacing of the rest of the sequence.

There's another edit at 37 seconds. IMO, too short.

44 second: Hold that shot longer and you'll likely achieve the effect you're looking for. You're releasing too quick. But that's just an opinion thing. It's hard to tell without seeing the rest of the coverage.

Don't get me wrong, it kicks the hell out of a lot of showreel pieces I see.

Everything looks nice to me.
love your jump edits :)

Although you can lower down Contrast and colors just a little bit.

keep the good work going.

Good Luck

Back