• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A "Risky" Idea?

Hey all, I just finished 1/3 of a feature length script (45 pages) and plan on finishing the script by summer 2005.

I really like the story, and I'm thinking about posting the script in a narrative form on a blog for public review. I will post it in segmented episodes over the next several months and my main aim is to give the story a little exposure. Also, I can send friends, family, and other persons of interest to the blog to review the story.

The feature length script is actually part one of a trilogy, however, I do not plan to post all three scripts (just the first).

On a personal note, I maintain a guerrilla- type mentality when it comes to art, i.e. "do it and fuck the consequences". However, I do not want to "regret" posting my baby on the internet. The story is complex, so I don't think it can be stolen (as the main story points will occur in the second and third scripts).

So, what do you guys think?

Bad idea? Good idea? Give me some input, por favor....

HITFILMS/HIPFILMS said:
i know this is probably a stupid question but what does blog mean???

"Blog" is a combination of the words "Web" and "log." It's basically a personal Web site on which the owner puts whatever he or she wants, often times taking the form of a journal or diary that others can see.

Back