A Program That Will Allow Me To Play Frame By Frame

Hi,

Sometimes when watching a movie on the PC, I like a specific shot that tends to happen within a second, that I want to capture. I currenty use VLC Player (only thing that plays BluRay that is not a demanding app) so I could add to my cinematograhy collection, but the problem is, WMP or VLC player dosn't have a feture where you could pause it and then hit and hold a button which will play it frame-by-frame.

Does anyone know of any player programs that has such a feature? I would like to belive it would be possible in VLC player, but I haven't found an option like that in the prefs.

Again, I'm after something that will allow me to select the option and then to press and hold any key for it to skip forward or backwards frame-by-frame. I like the "Video > Snapshot" option in VLC, but its gets annoying as hell watching a 2 hour movie and trying to drag the slider to a specific second without it throwing itself back 30 seconds all the time.

Thanks.

media player classic, http://www.cccp-project.net/
the site does seem less convincing but it's a great movie player and can handle the files better than like vlc. also, if you switch the render mode to halli or some name like that, you get better color correction than you would on like vlc, so. and you can jump frame by frame using the arrow buttons

media player classic, http://www.cccp-project.net/
the site does seem less convincing but it's a great movie player and can handle the files better than like vlc. also, if you switch the render mode to halli or some name like that, you get better color correction than you would on like vlc, so. and you can jump frame by frame using the arrow buttons

Hi, thanks but what the hell is
Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2009-09-09.exe

Oh, and I already have MPC, you mentioned frame-by-frame if I sue the arrow button, which one was you refering to becuase when I hit the arrow button it skips like 5 minutes ahead everytime. Also, is it possible to hit the button and hold it instead of having to keep pressing it to skip the frame? Oh, and one last question, is it possible for VLC player to do the same thing? I just like the Snapshot feature of VLC.

Back