• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

A Journey - Experimental/Sci-Fi Short Film

A Journey is a low budget Experimental/Sci-Fi Short Film. We wanted to create a short using the Pixel Film Studios plugin ProDrop Space, as well as experimenting with the baked in B&W setting on the Sony A7SII.

Upvote 3
Enjoyed this! Great sound integration and the b&w has a good feel (contrast almost like old silver nitrate stock?). The space scenes were from a preset pack? They're pretty amazing!
This isn't a criticism, but an observation - I did find it a little bit jarring when the astronaut took off his helmet as the film up to that point had a really wonderful dreamlike quality...but maybe that was the point (like things just got Real)?
Hope to see more!

Last edited:
Enjoyed this! Great sound integration and the b&w has a good feel (contrast almost like old silver nitrate stock?). The space scenes were from a preset pack? They're pretty amazing!
This isn't a criticism, but an observation - I did find it a little bit jarring when the astronaut took off his helmet as the film up to that point had a really wonderful dreamlike quality...but maybe that was the point (like things just got Real)?
Hope to see more!
Thank you for giving it a watch! Yeah they basically have presets, they are not the best but if you edit them around and add other effects to them it's not to bad. Basically with the reveal I wanted to show that it is very much a fictional film and not based on science. Was worried people would pick it apart otherwise.

Back