• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A Day In The Life

This is my first attempt at an experimental film. It is comprised entirely of public domain film footage and images found on the internet, and was inspired by "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles. Through the footage and imagery, it shows the various extremes of daily life that one experiences in a typical day (good and evil, rich and poor, war and peace, black and white, love and hate, etc.) Please let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnRTJ5WOaCM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WnRTJ5WOaCM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Good short! I made one similiar to this only mine was inspired by MGMT's song flash delirium and i used most of my own footage, the rest was public domain pictures or clips from tenacious D haha. You should check it out, its also on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words. The footage actually came from an industrial film produced for General Motors, and what I did was slowed down the opening sequence to fit the music. Originally this was going to be set to the Beatles song of the same name, and it was shown at my local community college's talent show using that music, but since I don't have the rights to the song obviously, I sought out some original music that I thought to be fitting. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ridley Scott is doing this *right now.* It was inspired by the Beatles, or by Ridley's brand new concept? Incredible coincidence if this was separate ideas.

Cool stuff. It's a great concept.

Ridley Scott is doing this *right now.* It was inspired by the Beatles, or by Ridley's brand new concept? Incredible coincidence if this was separate ideas.

Cool stuff. It's a great concept.

It was actually inspired by the Beatles. A friend of mine had used the orchestral climax section in the opening sequence to his film and that's what led me to make this film and to originally use the Beatles tune (the Jeff Beck version in particular) in an early version of the film. Thanks so much for the kind words.

It was actually inspired by the Beatles. A friend of mine had used the orchestral climax section in the opening sequence to his film and that's what led me to make this film and to originally use the Beatles tune (the Jeff Beck version in particular) in an early version of the film. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Wow. That's uncanny that you did this the exact same time as Ridley Scott.

It's all in the creative ebb and flow I guess.

Thank you so much. However, I should clarify that this was done some time before Ridley Scott's project, and I wasn't even aware of what he was doing at the time that I made this, about April of this year. I entered it in my college's talent show and it was first shown there, and I plan on entering it in their film festival next year as well.

Back