• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

!@#*$%!!!

Does anyone have any idea WHY Final Cut has the tendency to quit running???? :bang:

I didn't have to go to work today so I worked on my project all day. I only had to put in credits which were relatively done when FCP shuts off on me!

Yes, I save as and I have the program save every few minutes. Everything I did today is gone and I wanted to get this to my 'client' tomorrow!!!! :mad:

...maybe I'll go shave my head, that should make everything better.... AUUUGGGHHH!!!! :grumpy:

-- spinner :cool:

I wouldn't bet on that, Will. OS X is based on a Free BSD kernel. If the software updater didn't force me to reboot, my Apple would run as long as my Linux servers do between boots. I've been a Linux user for a long time. I've got 4 servers here running Linux, but I still prefer the OS X interface in terms of usability (I wish they had just written a windows manager on top of X11R6, but unfortunately I must run X as an App). I often develop and test my Un*x code on OS X before porting it over to Linux.

Furthermore, your machine is idle. Even Windows will run for 2 years if you don't do anything with it! ;)
It's not really idle per se.. It's a webserver, it just happens to be significantly overkill for the task it serves. (I would much rather it were sitting here for me to do editing and compositing with)

Back