• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

35 mm adapter??

Well, after years of postponing, I feel like it's finally time to get a 35 mm film adapter. Looking at prices online and judging by the fact that most of these cost more than my actual camera, I can't help but feeling I'm a bit over my head. [face_tongue]

I was checking out a lot of different sites and watching a few vids, and there seems to be a lot of questions before buying one of these that I don't know how to answer.
Will it even work with my camera? Should I invest in an actual lens?

I have two cameras: the JVC Everio GZ-HD3U and the Canon Vixia Hf10. A lot of these adapters, bought straight from the manufacturer, cost much more than my JVC and I don't think there's one that's as cheap as my Canon. On Ebay though, theres a dramatic drop in prices, even for some of the more expensive ones.

So cost (for the most part) aside, what adapters would work (more so for the JVC), and is there any other equipment I would need to buy in addition to the adapter?

Well, after years of postponing, I feel like it's finally time to get a 35 mm film adapter. Looking at prices online and judging by the fact that most of these cost more than my actual camera, I can't help but feeling I'm a bit over my head. [face_tongue]

I was checking out a lot of different sites and watching a few vids, and there seems to be a lot of questions before buying one of these that I don't know how to answer.

I have two cameras: the JVC Everio GZ-HD3U and the Canon Vixia Hf10. A lot of these adapters, bought straight from the manufacturer, cost much more than my JVC and I don't think there's one that's as cheap as my Canon. On Ebay though, theres a dramatic drop in prices, even for some of the more expensive ones.

So cost (for the most part) aside, what adapters would work (more so for the JVC), and is there any other equipment I would need to buy in addition to the adapter?

Not sure why you needed to post this in 3 forums, but I can recommend the JAG35 adapter if money is an issue. It comes with a 50mm lens and that's helpful. Usually you do NOT get lenses with these packages.

Not sure why you needed to post this in 3 forums, but I can recommend the JAG35 adapter if money is an issue. It comes with a 50mm lens and that's helpful. Usually you do NOT get lenses with these packages.

Hi, I want to buy a JAG35E to use with my XL2. The JAG35E has a thread size of 42mm. Can I attach to my XL2 lens which has a thead size of 72mm using step down adapter?

Will it work?

Thanks

Back