• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 2011 Visual Effects Reel

My latest portfolio. Its a vfx breakdown reel showing before and after. Works include "WADE" trailer starring Mike Hard, Kim Poirier and Andy Whitmore - "BRUIN LAKE" preview, starring Mike Hard - The 3D model of the Republic Attack Cruiser EP3 (Venator) was authored by Daniel Broadway and downloaded from Scifi3d.com - Iron Man model was downloaded from turbosquid.com - The airplane interior greenscreen plate and enchantress greenscreen plate and background files associated with those plates are from videocopilot.net

All compositions done in Adobe After Effects CS4. 3D work done in 3D Studio Max.

http://youtu.be/8pgMR-sBo5s?hd=1

Thanks guys. Means alot :)

Yeah thats Sam Loya from Videocopilot. I didn't have anymore greenscreen footage so I used that clip and the enchantress clip from that website. Glad you guys enjoy it.

I envy anyone that can create architectural environments via 3D renders. They look so good. And the multilayered shots. I always amazes that you can take several different elements and make them look one with the shot.

I envy anyone that can create architectural environments via 3D renders. They look so good. And the multilayered shots. I always amazes that you can take several different elements and make them look one with the shot.

Yeah I'd love to do more architectual environments at some point. I'm more focused on the compositing aspects right now. I really enjoy layering together a fx shot. You can see it come alive as your doing it ya know.

Yeah I'd love to do more architectual environments at some point. I'm more focused on the compositing aspects right now. I really enjoy layering together a fx shot. You can see it come alive as your doing it ya know.

My favourite part of VFX was always compositing, maybe because I started with it... In a way, VFX (or compositing to be more specific) was the thing that brought me into filmmaking.

My favourite part of VFX was always compositing, maybe because I started with it... In a way, VFX (or compositing to be more specific) was the thing that brought me into filmmaking.

Its still a learning process. Learning new things everyday. I'm doing the vfx for a feature film project thats being entirely shot on greenscreen. So some more learning and stuff and more content for my next reel :)

Its still a learning process. Learning new things everyday. I'm doing the vfx for a feature film project thats being entirely shot on greenscreen. So some more learning and stuff and more content for my next reel :)

There's always going to be something new to learn about VFX with the rapidly evolving capabilities of technology. It's good to learn new things about it though :)

@2001 Productions: Thank you. I'm glad you like it :)

@NickSoares: For sure man. I'll hit ya up or vice versa :)

Back