• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 2 Dolly test videos, feedback is appreciated!

As the comment says on YouTube, the first shot appears to sped up slightly when the focus changes. If I was doing that shot I probably would have made the actual focus change last longer and start much earlier. I liked the first and second shot best, but that's probably because it looked nice moving inwards. If someone was listening to that with headphones that explosion could be disastrous... It doesn't really have a point in being there IMO.

Second one wasn't that great IMO. WOuld have been ok if there was someone sitting in the black chair though

yeah the first dolly shot i wanted to experiment with changing the focus on things, and it was not meant to sound like an explosion more like a abrupt ending, though i could have just done with fading out the music and it would have worked better. The second video was just a test into making it feel like it was from a horror video just using sound effects, except for the phone ringing, not meant to be super serious. Thank you for the feed back though! I'll work on the focusing for future projects.

EDIT* the reason it sped up after the focus change was I accidentally pushed the tripod faster than I was before as I tried changing the focus.

EDIT* the reason it sped up after the focus change was I accidentally pushed the tripod faster than I was before as I tried changing the focus.

Yeah I understood that was why, operating things at such precision is difficult, just if you wanted it to look perfect you would have to reshoot

Back