tv 10 Favourite TV titles

Sometimes TV show titles are better than the actual programmes. Here's ten of my favourites. To me these titles say 'sit down and get ready to be entertained'. Strangely I don't even watch some of these shows.

Not in order:

The Rockford Files
Skarsky & Hutch
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Incredible Hulk (end titles)
The Muppet Show
The Prisoner (UK)
The Professionals (UK)
The Sweeny (UK)
Man in a Suitcase (UK)
Doctor Who (UK)

Can anyone think of any others.

P.S. I realise that there is a very heavy retro bias, but these are the ones that immediately sprung to mind.

Last edited:
Hmm, tricky.

North Square (Channel Four drama series about lawyers in Leeds, cancelled after one season)
Millenium (Chris Carter's best product to date)
Carnivale (Stunning)
Teachers (series two) UK show about of comprehensive school teachers. Very funny, well written, well shot.
Star Trek (any of it) Most sucessful TV franchise in history, resistance is futile
The Clangers (knitted woollen mice who live on the moon)
The Magic Roundabout
Murder One (American crime drama at it's best)
Porridge (UK sitcom set in prison and yet to be bettered)
Dr Who (most recent series) Marvellous

Last edited:
Porridge just missed my list because I couldn't be sure whether it was the titles or the fact that I knew that the show was going to be great. Also notable for having no music.

The U.S. are particularly good at titles. Here's a few more that I remembered after making my initial list.

The Sopranos
Cheers
Twin Peaks
The Littlest Hobo
M.A.S.H
Lost in Space
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone (original series)
Knight Rider

I couldn't make a list of 10 TV shows (let alone favourite ones) if I tried.

My TV plays C-SPAN, and that's about it.

However...

The Prisoner (mentioned above) is definitely the finest series that was ever made. Available as a boxed set, too. Love it.

"Be seeing you."

(The Twilight Zone follows right after)

I think, the 60's american tv show names were lengthy and meaningful too.

Whose line is it any way , is the only intresting among now days.

I think we should create thread for ad- lib for writers here.

lets see if all those funny dailog ends into 22 min episode.
if it did , then don't be suprised.

"The X-Files" titles are probably my favorites of all time, but that may be down to my fondness for the show. "The Outer Limits" titles were good too.

In more recent years, "True Blood" did an excellent job of portraying the entire show in the space of 90 seconds.

I'm a big fan of the "American Horror Story" titles too. They change them each season, to match the theme of that respective season. They also tweak the theme music. Season one (now known as "Murder House") was probably the best, but the animated titles they did for "Freak Show" were pretty nice too.

Some of my favourite shows are:

Star Trek
Stargate
Farscape

Criminal Minds
CSI Cyber (the show is naff but the concept sounded good)
The Bill (UK Crime Show about a fictional police station near Tower Bridge in London)
Casualty (UK Medical Drama)

Back