• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Official: Curse of the Invisible Man

"You did an amazing job in that. How hard was it reacting to "nothing" else in the scenes?"

I had Cohen speaking to me off camera, so I was able to hear the line as if someone were there. I just had to stay focused and in the scene-as if it were actually happening. I also had a specific place onscreen where I "heard" the voice, even though that wasn't actually where it was coming from.

The murder scene wasn't too difficult-Cohen "strangled" me before we shot, so I was able to see what movements would be realistic, and then I just imitated those as best I could.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way! :blush:

-Micia

Hey Micia,

also from me a very big congratulation for that amazing acting it comes out so real and it helped me alot creating the soundtrack so i always can thank you for that perfect Emotional acting what you bring out there. Hope to see more films with you in the future :) and may hope i can score them :yes:

Many greetings,

Mr Florian

Just watch out for Zen. :P j/k

I'm sure I don't know what you mean, good sir!
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

Wonderful work, Ms. Micia.

I especially liked the "backing up slowly, while looking terrified, but trying to sound calm" scene. Right before the chase.

How long did the whole shoot take?

(Cohen is being a weasel and not divulging many details)

Yep that thunder was put in. I wanted to give it some atmosphere in the background. :)

We're closing the gap on Poke. Thanks everyone for voting so far! :yes:

I was just watching this again, and I had a thought...why is the invisible man invisible in one scene, but a few scenes later he has a look similar to the "Predator?"

florianlinckus.com said:
Hey Micia,

also from me a very big congratulation for that amazing acting it comes out so real and it helped me alot creating the soundtrack so i always can thank you for that perfect Emotional acting what you bring out there. Hope to see more films with you in the future :) and may hope i can score them :yes:

Many greetings,

Mr Florian

Thanks so much! I have a compliment for you, too. I was showing this film to some friends of mine who are music theatre majors, and they really liked the score, and said it sounded similar to Phantom of the Opera. So maybe you're the next Andrew Lloyd Webber! I think the score is very well done--it really sets the mood for the entire piece, and makes the story that much creepier.

I'd love to do some more projects. [hint, hint, nugde, nudge, know what I mean, Cohen?]

-Micia

Zensteve said:
(Cohen is being a weasel and not divulging many details)

Zen-
Since you liked my acting, I'll let you in on a little secret-I wasn't orginally cast in Curse. But the actress who was had a couple of family emergencies, so Cohen talked to me for the first time about doing it less than a week before we shot. I got the script about two days before the one afternoon that we shot it. I was memorizing my lines on set. I'd figured out a costume the night before at midnight (which is why I forgot shoes-don't ya love the sneakers with the 1930's clothes?). So I'm really impressed with how well it turned out; it was such a last minute thing. Cohen started editing that evening after we shot, because there was only two weeks till the submission deadline. I have no idea how much time Florian and the other post people had, but it wasn't much, and they did an incredible job.

-Micia

First of all let me thank everyone again for enjoying, helping and voting for the film! We've gotten SUPER postive feedback on this. Now to answer and comment on a few things...

CommanderGoat said:
I was just watching this again, and I had a thought...why is the invisible man invisible in one scene, but a few scenes later he has a look similar to the "Predator?"

Working on this shot to correct it. It should be rainning for him to show up. But with the deadline to get the film done we had to upload it. :) Simple as that.

Bektal said:
I'd love to do some more projects. [hint, hint, nugde, nudge, know what I mean, Cohen?

Micia, you know it! I think there will be many more projects that you will be helping me out with. Your now on the top of my list as "leading lady." She was a total Pro about everything. Even though it was a "rushed" job it wasn't a rushed preformance. This was my first time working with her and she really blew me away. I knew she was good when I did a screentest with her along time ago, but she just hit it out of the park with this little short film. I think she is the heart of the film for sure. She's the only preformer you can "see!" :lol:

Yes...the shoes was a big thing that got me, but seeing the film all together, they never take you out of the movie. The film is suppose to be set in 1933. The characters were just way ahead of there time that's all. :P

HailtotheKing said:
Working on this shot to correct it. It should be rainning for him to show up. But with the deadline to get the film done we had to upload it. :) Simple as that.

That's what I thought.

Poke

yeah just saw this last night, havent been on here for a while, been busy with theatre... but i thouht i'd put aside some sleep to check out this rounds films. Really enjoyed this film, the cinematography gave it real quality above most nobudget looking shorts. Voice over work was just great too. And the acting was perfect for the genre. Good job, mate.

Bektal said:
Thanks so much! I have a compliment for you, too. I was showing this film to some friends of mine who are music theatre majors, and they really liked the score, and said it sounded similar to Phantom of the Opera. So maybe you're the next Andrew Lloyd Webber! I think the score is very well done--it really sets the mood for the entire piece, and makes the story that much creepier.

I'd love to do some more projects. [hint, hint, nugde, nudge, know what I mean, Cohen?]

-Micia

Hey Micia, i'll thank you for that nice words... :)

So whats makes me very very interested now is who you're composerfriends are, thats amazing that you know composers wich work on theatre films... may did i know the music of the one or other, how they named ?

many greetings, florian

Slacker, Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed the film. Thanks for watching. ;)
In the polls right now, we're in a dead on tie with Poke's film.

Hey, I really enjoyed every aspect of this short. It would have been really easy to bomb something like this with all of the acting requirements and FX but you pulled it off without a hitch. I don't think it could have been any better. Especially considering the time crunch. Great job. Look forward to your future work.

Luke

Back