• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Magnamameous Bark & Gigante Chupycabras

Poke, How is your sister-in-law marrying your brother-in-law? Do you even know these people?

Just kidding. I know...it just sounded funny the first time I read it.

I will watch y'all's movies tommorow on my roomies computer. Can't wait.

Last edited:
(the P.S. and the BARK WITHOUT THE BITE opening - some would say we should have cut the latter, but we love it.)

I nicked this quote of Poke's from another thread (didn't want to derail it there).

I really like the opening. I thought it was a great way to establish the basic premise. Once fooled into being comfortable with what the show is about, it makes it just that much unexpected (and funny) when the narrative change happens. (Learned that term in this thread... go-go new tricks on IndieTalk! :lol: )

I popped by my folks' place and showed them the tape. (Ta for the tape, btw) Here's what they said.

Mum: "That opening was too long".

Dad: "Why can't you make films like this? They didn't swear to make their point!"

Okay, so we toss out Dad's comment .

There are definitely some peeps that think the opening is too long. (Actually, just thought of another person who said same thing). I still like it the way it is.

The thing we all agreed on, was that the ending credits scrolled for too long to hold interest if popping a P.S. in at the end.

Just a 1:30am thought.

:D

Last edited:
One of the advantages (and disadvanatges) of being a filmmaker is having a sharply critical eye for one's own work. I have watched this short around fifty times since Goat brought me a DVD copy a couple of weeks ago, and the more I watch it, the more I think the opening might be about ten to fiteen seconds too long. I think it establishes what we wanted it to establish in the first ten seconds, so I am leaning towards cutting it down some before we send it out to fests. But Goat is the editor and that is really his decision because it is his time and effort. We took on co-directing chores on this one, and if this decision would be made it would be a co decision.

But I don't think we'll cut the credits any. I've always thought of the PS as a reward for the patient viewer. If a viewer is not patient enough to watch the credits then they don't get the reward. Plus if they didn't laugh hard enough to want to see all involved, the PS probably won't do much for them anyway. I don't mean to sound standoffish about it, I've just always thought of PSs that way.

Zensteve said:
Dad: "Why can't you make films like this? They didn't swear to make their point!"

Funny, my folks will likely think there is too much swearing in it.

Poke

dudebro said:
That was funny, loved the hick. And the gum eating bear. Got my vote.

You voted in the competition? Or are you saying that if the comp was still in progress we could be mounting a comeback?

And a note for all the fans ... We have discovered that we barely missed the deadline for many Winter Film Fests, so we will be submitting to Spring Time Fests.

Poke

Last edited:
Back