software-related AI Video has arrived - It looks incredible

The new chips coming out this summer are 25-30x more efficient, generating an image isn't so bad... but AI gets a lot more complicated than an image. When you want it to do stuff like cure cancer by examing all 3 billion of your specific dna pairs, or automatically creating a piece of software or video game, etc

In real life those games take hundreds of people like 8 years to make, so even if AI can do it quickly, yeah its using a lot of brain power.

AI Uses so much electricity these companies want to build their own nuclear power plants just to run it.

Which version of ChatGPT did you use?
Let me check. It was the first free one: 3.5. I'd be curious if someone with an upgraded version got the same answers, about Bach, prison, and the Well-Tempered Clavier (book 1). I think what might have confused it is that, although it is a cool and common story, that the WTC was composed in prison, there is only one bit of scant evidence for It. Here is Christoph Wolff, from Johan Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician;

. . . a useful hint is provided by Ernst Ludwig Gerber (whose father, Heinrich Nicolaus Gerber, studied with Bach in Leipzig during the 1720s) when he relates that Bach wrote his Well-Tempered Clavier, Part I, “in a place where ennui, boredom, and the absence of any kind of musical instrument forced him to resort to this pastime.”74 Though we cannot take this to mean that the work was begun and completed during Bach’s imprisonment, a substantial portion of the twenty-four preludes and fugues may well have originated in this unhappy venue.

Last edited:
Let me check. It was the first free one: 3.5. I'd be curious if someone with an upgraded version got the same answers, about Bach, prison, and the Well-Tempered Clavier (book 1). I think what might have confused it is that, although it is a cool and common story, that the WTC was composed in prison, there is only one bit of scant evidence for It. Here is Christoph Wolff, from Johan Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician;

Claude is free and better than GPT 3.5, but if its serious research, then none of them are "reliable"
I've tried using GPT 4 for learning history and then end up looking dumb quoting wrong facts.

Last edited:
Back