YouTube series about films

Hey guys, I'm interested in doing a YouTube series about old films, up to the most recent film. I'm starting from the 90's to 2016. I want it to be done in a debate, whereby we discuss the movies over the years, what got best picture, cinematography etc. We can talk about the movies year by year for each episode. I know these movies are old and might need rewatching to keep up to scratch, but it's a good opportunity to catch up on old times. :) I need a group of people that loves movies to argue with. If anyone is interested post here or message me via email. qsionmedia@hotmail.com Any further questions, please ask.

I think before you take this any further, it'd be a good idea to treat it like a Kickstarter project, and create a short pitch video for the series you want to start. Not only would this allow us to see what the show might look like in terms of production value, but it would give you a way to succinctly explain your thoughts and intentions for this series.

I'm trying to build a whole channel around filmmaking myself, and one of my series will be focused on highlighting both movies, TV shows, and mini-series that I think are worth checking out. But I won't be having anything specifically focused on covering the history or a broad area of film like you're explaining.

What I'm driving at is that it'd be cool to be involved and share my thoughts, so long as I know the movie. And it would be great to have another specific channel to endorse once mine gets underway. But I'd need a much clearer idea of what it is you're trying to start before I'd want to go any farther. You know what I mean?

Just explaining what you're doing in a short paragraph post isn't gonna draw much traffic.

My series is pretty much like an interview. Where we talk about movies for that year. First we start in 1990 then 1991, 1992 etc up to the modern time. So every episode is a different year. So it's pretty much giving people thoughts on what we think of that movie. If it was good or bad, if they won any academy awards etc.

Why 1990?* Why not start earlier, say 1896, when "commercial" films started their journey (commercial meaning audiences paid to seem them).

By the way, from your brief descriptions, the success of your project will depend more upon the debating personalities and their (hopefully) vehement disagreements. "Best" is always highly subjective; there are many, many films that won Best Picture, etc., which are mostly unknown today, at least to the average movie goer.

* Films from the '90's are old? What the hell does that make me, prehistoric?

I didn't want to go too way back so 1990 should be good. But yes, it all depends on the creativity and personalities of the commentators. I'm hoping that I can find some people that are interested in this project on here.

Debate how? You'll splice together videos or live debates? Assuming this won't be with a close friend or a neighbor how will the debate be performed? Have to be YouTube partner to do live feeds.

I will email you still.

We will use a communication software such as Teamspeak to communicate and discuss the movies for every episodes; for each year per episode.

I suggest you build an audience for your channel first. Do that by making review and critic videos of current movies being released. Make one about my short film that's on YouTube, Terror Park, on my channel FreddyLongSongs Films.

https://youtu.be/dxQW9Mu_oeY

Last edited:
I agree with Filmmakerj's suggestion to 1st do a pitch video or trailer of the type of show you're talking about.

Maybe if I find some people that are interested in reviewing movies and discussing in a video on YouTube, we can talk about it more in depth. I'm always open for options.

I've dumb it down a bit whereby we only talk about DC and Marvel movies over the years. So if you're a comic book guy or like watching those type of movies, we can start a series about that. Talking about the good and bad for each movie.

Back