Youtube payment update

I just dropped out of the youtube partners program due to their changes, and youtube still owed me $64.00 . They instructed me to "cancel" my monitization and I would be paid immediately. So I cancelled as instructed, and was directed to their "adsence" website to collect. Guess what? Because I did not click into the adsence account for more than a year (while waiting to earn the $100 minimum), adsence labeled my account "inactive" and GAVE all of my money to the state of Florida through their "escheatment" process... Now I have to figure out how to apply to get my money back from the state of Florida. Does the BS never end?...... Anyway, if you are one of the small-time youtubers like I am, you better check on your money to see if it's still there.

Why is YouTube robbing everyone and why the change in monetization anyway?

Because they have to increase revenue to keep their stockholders happy.

From a business point of view YouTube may be losing money on all of these small accounts; I'm not saying that this is the actual case, but is an example of one of the many fiscal reasons they have changed their policies.

Always remember that these folks run YouTube to make a PROFIT; that's what a business is all about. If you don't like their policies you can take you business elsewhere.

Update: I found the right website with the STATE OF FLORIDA for a refund, and the right forms to fill out to retrieve the money that You Tube owes me. I downloaded the forms, filled them out, included copies of my drivers license, SS card, and other stuff that they require...it goes out in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully within three months I'll actually retrieve my you tube earnings. I'm thankful, but sadly disappointed in youtube for what they have put us through. Good luck to everyone in the same boat as me. I hope that the new AmazonTube develops to help us out.

Back