Yessss!!!! Am in!

Shot a bumper for a 'top ten in the world genre' film fest. The fest described the bumper as 'FANTASTIC' (in capitals, their words) and have given us free drinks for a week, two sets of free tickets to all the films, two sets of 'VIP lane' everything and entry into meeting directors, producers and distributors of multi-million dollar budget movies (all free). Am not opening the champagne yet until I see it on the screen but soooooo happy. First time I've managed to do something which was on the money.

Up until now, have only managed to scrape into a few film festivals as my skills / abilities have not been strong enough. However, when shooting the bumper, I knew it would be good during pre and can't wait until my next production. It's that turning point where I have just started to learn from all my horrendous mistakes that I spent so long beating myself up about.

Sorry for self-indulgent, self-congratulatory post but just had to post on here as other half and my friends don't have a clue why I'm excited. Except fellow IndieTalker 'FilmAutre' who shot it and whose cinematography got us here. Having his cinematography is like bringing a flamethrower to a knife fight.

With what he's doing, I'm pretty sure he has a better shot than me! But I have to ask - why did I make so many mistakes? Literally every mistake I could've made, I have done.

That's very awesome! Congrats! In a highly competitive industry like this where it's easy to fail, it's always good to see someone succeed and know it can be done. :)

That's very awesome! Congrats! In a highly competitive industry like this where it's easy to fail, it's always good to see someone succeed and know it can be done. :)

Haven't been successful yet. Just got into a couple of film festivals which film buffs have heard of, although this is the biggest one yet as it's a major horror fest.

Just will try not to be starstruck. For example, former attendees include Simon Pegg, Eli Roth and John Landis so am seriously looking forward to meeting the other directors!

Congratulations! Start building up your alcohol tolerance now for all those free drinks :)

Back