• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Would appreciate your feedback: Rough Cut

I think you've highlighted most of the issues in the things that you still need to finish. The colouring isn't quite consistent and the sync does quite match.

I actually think the sync might not be the only problem with the static miming shots. It's very hard to sell the quite produced nature of the song in that sort of atmosphere/environment. Notably, her miming is much less distracting when there's plenty of camera movement and particularly when you move into splitscreen. At those times, the viewer's eye is being pulled around quick enough that they aren't focusing in on whether the sound and visual worlds match up. That said, the tighter shots on her face actually work better with the sync, so maybe they could just be pinched in a tad.

But it looks pretty good and has a nice quick pace to it which matches the tempo of the song. Shame it wasn't a sunnier day, but I guess that's England.

Hi,

Liked it.

just a few thoughts for you. Like the idea of mucking about round the city, only problem was that you didn't go to enough places. So while the tune carried it it did get repetitive. Should have jumped on a river cruise or something.

You mentioned the sync issue. Also, I didn't like the effect (i think youve put one on) on the bubble scene. Looked like a stock filter.

Be easier to judge once we see the finished thing.

Might I suggest jumping in car and driving round London and shooting the sights? Maybe strap a time lapse go pro on or something?

Good job though.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks! Appreciate the comments! Definitely need to tighten up the sync which is my least favourite part of the edit. Will look at the bubbles. See if there's another way (other than the combination of stock filters I threw on...)

Will need to work in a way to make the 'final' run in a little less predictable and samey. However, it is her budget so am working to that.

Funnily enough, I offered a red convertible, motorbike but again, budget etc... :( Fingers crossed she likes.

You don't need to get her in the car, just get a buddy to drive you round. Speed it up. There's one shot you did with Big Ben that looked sped up and it worked nicely. :)

Looked good! The color could definitely be pushed further. A wider variety of wide, medium and tight shots would have helped it be more dynamic. I found myself getting bored about halfway through. Interesting take on the split screen thing, that was a success I think.

Looked good! The color could definitely be pushed further. A wider variety of wide, medium and tight shots would have helped it be more dynamic. I found myself getting bored about halfway through. Interesting take on the split screen thing, that was a success I think.

Useful. Thanks.

The 'boredom' element is especially important as this is 'real world' stuff. Sure, it is a combination of visuals, artist and music but it's a telling comment.

Have re-cut it as strangely I didn't like the personality / character of the piece. Added a few scenic shots which are also wides to give it a bit more diversity and used CUs on her face to make it feel stronger.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I really appreciate it. Every comment is useful.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The client just came back. She loves it! Only bits she doesn't like are a couple of shots which make her look less slim than she would like... She wants to pay me for another. Awesome, happy!

Last edited:
Nice work, GoB. Congratulations!

I also liked the split screen part. It might have been cool to use it at least once more. I also agree that more locations might have been nice. But if you don't want or it's not practical to use more locations or activities, I wonder if simply having her change her outfit once or more times might liven or diversify the content up a little more. But it's a nice video.

Wonderful to hear it will lead to more work for you!

Back