worth 1400?

because of the new macbook pros, my college is trying to get rid of their older generations, is this worth 1400 total?

15.4in MacBook Pro 2.5GHz (CLEARANCE)

Retail Price: $2,499.00 Login for special pricing
MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/Intel "Penryn" chipset with 6MB L2 cache, 800MHz frontside bus, 15.4in 1440 x 900 resolution Display, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, 2GB Memory (2x1GB), 250GB 5400RPM Hard Drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), Built-in iSight Webcam

isnt it better to spend the same amount of money for a desktop that performs greater? (video editing)

Last edited:
If you want a laptop, yes, in my opinion it is worth the price. Does it come with any extra software? If you are looking for a desktop, then a laptop is not going to replace that completly. For video editing, if you were to purchase this, I would upgrade the RAM. I believe that model can handle up to 4 gigs (2 x 2 gigs). Check Newegg.com for some great deals on RAM for these. My friend just upgraded to 4 gig for $30 after mail in rebate.

4 Gigs of RAM - upgrade your MacBook Pro yourself

You can upgrade it yourself. It LITERALLY takes under 10 minutes start to finish.

Video Tutorial How Here:

You do not need to send it in nor buy from them. It does not void your warranty (no seals to break), HOWEVER! I would suggest holding on to your old RAM in case you do need to send it in to Apple, for which you would just switch it back.

Hope that helps you out.

Good luck

Back