Wooohooooo!!!!! What are your steps?

So I wrote a plan all those years ago when I started film making which I update regularly. So the idea was to shoot a short film, then get into a fest, then into a decent fest, then to get paid etc...

One of my steps was to get paid a certain sum of money for an assignment and another step was to get a client to fly me out of the country, put me up in a hotel etc... meaning I'd beaten the local competition and not just on price. Just achieved both steps together as 99% likely to be flying out to California for a customer who wants a corporate video and is happy to pay.

Each stage is terrifying and I always vow that if I do not have the talent, to walk away. It is easy to be delusional and so I set myself goals and if I achieve them, that tells me I am an OK film maker. As a note, my goal in a couple of years is to raise enough in financing to shoot a decent feature.

So what are your steps / goals? What tells you that you are any good?

That's awesome. Congratulations! It's inspiring to see someone with a larger goal who is smart enough to set incremental goals that will build up to the bigger one.

I too have a similar big goal that involves many smaller goals. Mine is a little different because it's not so much a filmmaking goal as it is a life goal, one that of course involves lots of filmmaking. At the moment, I'm not really interested in sharing the entire thing, and that's partially because I'm still figuring it out, but yeah, there are many steps on what will be a long and twisted path. :)

Back