• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Wish me luck...

I recently finished a first draft and a slight polish on a script and as an experiment, posted it on InkTip.com just to see if anyone might be interested...

So far, 4 downloads of the script and 2 offers to shop it around but they want it exclusively. I posted it early Sunday morning...

So now I get a phone call from a producer who is very well known. So well known, I can't name him. He has a producing partner that is also very well known and they want to do a three-way conference call with me tonight at about 1:00 in the morning...

Should be fun.

filmy

That's awesome!
smiley_pac.gif

Hope it goes well. :cool:

LOL. Just got the call after sitting around all night. One of the producers had to cancel so now we're on again tomorrow night.

Too funny...

Thanks for good luck wishes... I appreciate it! Whew... Tomorrow night.

filmy

Okay, so last night... Oops... Early this morning, I had the three-way conference call. It lasted for 3 hours. By the end of the call, it turns out that these two producers want to exec produce the movie and have myself and one of their protege's also come in and produce.

I was also offered an outright purchase for the script which I almost went for (yes, it was THAT GOOD) but I held my breath until I was offered the opportunity to come on as producer.

The bad news?

I wanted to direct it. I took some great advice from a contact I made several months back and kept saying it over and over and that's why they came back with the offer of producer. They just kept telling me that it wasn't going to happen but since I held my mud, I got offered producer. They tell me that it won't be hard to make that director leap once this picture is made.

So not such bad news after all. LOL.

What's next?

They need to get me an agency. The head of a very well known agency is flying to where one of these guys live and spending the weekend with him. It seems that this particular agency is trying to steal this guy away from the agency he's with already. Part of the offer to come over is that this agency also finances films. This writer/producer is being offered a 5 year, 10 picture deal of which my script will apparently be one of...

Anyway, the head of this agency is flying to this guy's place for the weekend and he's going to sit down and read my script. That alone is making my skin crawl.

The good news? Everyone's loved it so far... So if the head of this agency bites off on my script, I get an agent and the deal is a go.

From what I understand, worse case scenario is that I will definitely end up with an agent out of it and I'm already being asked, "What else do you have?"

So there's the update and I really owe it all to my 4 Act Structure. This is the first script that I've written using my own theory.

Whew...

It ain't over yet though...

filmy

Last edited by a moderator:
4 Act Structure...

CootDog said:
Again man... Pretty frigg'n awesome...

So now about your 4 act theory... You gotta school some of us and edumicate....

I had posted a "bit" of this theory on another thread here somewhere... A search should bring it up. I have shared it with a few IndieTalkies thus far...

Send me a PM and I would be happy to share...

filmy

...Filmy!!! Hell, Yeah!!! That's the coolest thing in the world! I am so glad to hear your news. But since it ain't over just yet, GOOD LUCK!! I hope you will let us know how things are going. You'll be directing in no time :director:

--spinner :cool:

Good Luck and congratualations! Not only are you getting an agent, it sounds like you have been as successful already as most screenwriting book authors, so you can always fall back on writing up your 4 act theory!

Good luck with this project as well!

Joe Hunt

Hey, I just found this thread, I've been running a project for the last two weeks and haven't beeen paying attention.

Congratulations man, this the best news I've heard in ages and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

By the way your four act structure rocks, it's the most impressive piece of thinking about screenwriting I've ever come across. I've already used it to restructure one script and I'm now working on an adaptable template for to use for my other projects, that I'm building into Movie Outline. I'll let you have a look at it once it's finished.

:clap:

In fact I'm so very, very pleased for you that I'm hardly jealous at all! :lol:

Back