Wind Guard for Boom Mic?

I was just wondering what material I could use to cut down on wind nose? To put over my boom mic. I don't want to have something that will muffle the dialouge, but something to just cut some of the wind blowing sound out.

Maybe one of you guys can help me. :bow:

All you really need is a simple foam windscreen like this. It is what I use at work (cause it's all the company will pay for), and it's serviceable.

But a lot of the pros use these or a brand similar to it.

Poke

Poke said:
All you really need is a simple foam windscreen like this. It is what I use at work (cause it's all the company will pay for), and it's serviceable.

But a lot of the pros use these or a brand similar to it.

Poke

Poke thanks for the links. I have the first one above. I just want more protection from the wind. Like could I wrap some foam around that? I just don't want to muffle the saying of the lines. Thanks again for the links. ;)

HailtotheKing said:
Poke thanks for the links. I have the first one above. I just want more protection from the wind. Like could I wrap some foam around that? I just don't want to muffle the saying of the lines. Thanks again for the links. ;)

I've seen that done. Unless you wrap an ungodly amount of foam around it it shouldn't dilute the audio too terribly much. But, from what I'm told, the fuzzy ones kill all wind noise and don't interfer with the dialogue at all.

Demosthenes X said:
They're the same price, or nearly, on those sites...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe I'll pour some honey in my bosses ear when I get back to work (sick today). Also, I think maybe the foam windscreen came with the shotgun when they purchased it.

Poke

Last edited:
Back