Will the AT4053b fit this shock mount?

http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/PROAIM-12ft-Carbon-Fiber-Boom-Pole-with-40cm-R-Blimp.html

It gives a list of compatable mics, but will that mic fit in there too? Looking for one for that, but looking for a new boom pole and blimp, since I was just using a painters pole before.

But you said in the other thread that you said that you had a very long boom-pole; at best a painters pole is ten (10) feet and, since you are holding it over your head, the reach is about six (6) feet. That does not qualify as a long boom-pole. A 12' boom pole is not a long boom-pole; go for 18'. And the length of the boom-pole has no bearing on whether the mic will fit the mic clip or blimp.

As to whether the AT4053b will fit.... Why not read the specs of the compatible mics and compare lengths & diameters? Why not call or email the vendor and ask them? Why ask us?

The painters pole I have is 15 feet. I am asking you in case the vendor lies to sell a product or something. They could just say yes, and then it turns it doesn't or their is some hidden catch. It says that it holds mic with 25mm diameters, but it says that it's compatible with mics like the NTG3 which is only less than 20mm. So how do you tell when says 25mm then lists compatible mics that are less?

Last edited:
Okay thanks. They show sound blimps for sale, but they do not say whether or not the shock mount is already inside or I have to buy it separately. I'll ask them which one is best.

Last edited:
B&H is outstanding.

I have emailed them product queries a dozen plus times and always received a full response within 2-3 days.

Unlike many USA retailers they have a process for Canadian customers that does not screw them when it comes to customs and UPS additional customs admin fees. Postage is very reasonable. Just select the Purolator full customs option at checkout.

As Alcove Audio states, they also have a solid return policy. If you're not happy with the goods return them for a full refund.

Back