• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Whot do you thing abouth this project?

I need your personal opinion, good and bead

RENEGADES
(Meanwhile in Russia)

TV series (12 or 24 series) for the target audience of 16-30 years
Running time: ~ 52 min.
Genre: Drama-Comedy
Venue: Siberia
Duration: Near future, winter
Features: Very cold and 23-hour night

LOGLINE
The story is about a small town in the tundra where oil is extracted. The town is occupy platoon of Marines and it is cut off from the remains. Two local guys open a military base near the strip club for fighting the «aliens»

TREATMENT

SERYOGA, having smoothly failed his exams in Economics College, returns home for a few days, in the oil town in the middle of the tundra. He wants to see his father and quickly go to "the mainland" to start his own business. But at home, nobody is waiting for him; even his father has left somewhere in .
On the way home Serega bumps into his former classmate, the nerd LESHA. Who, in absentia, having passed all the exams in medical school, is going home to his mother before the internship. He wants to see her and go to a big city with a major medical center, although he is offered to stay in town, they promise a big salary and any equipment what he wants, "Oil Company" does not skimp.
But, while the guys are in town, the war begins and the city is occupied by an American commando regiment. As there aren´t any soldiers in town the spillage of blood couldn’t have been avoided if Americans hadn’t shot by mistake an out-of-towner pimp and his bus.
Since oil rigs are out of order all oil workers return to the city, and the soldiers had to stay to protect the airport and wait for the replacement of equipment for the broken parts.
Serega and Lesha decide to fight the invaders. They tracked down the soldier (John) which departs too far from the rest and get ready to kill him when he gets snowed up. They only have to wait for ten minutes and the soldier will freeze to death but the guys lose their patience, pull him out of the snow and drag to the hospital where bring him back to life. Now they realize that they are totally incapable of killing. But they have to fight the enemies!
Serega, after listening to Lesha’s "lecture on the economic worthwhileness of war" puts forward the idea that they need to get the soldiers spend as much money as possible to turn their lives in a town in "Hell" and at the same time try to make them extract the oil as late as possible. But how?
The guys have decided to make a "consumer terror" but they need to become “insiders” in the military camp. To become “insiders” – one must be needed. And what does everyone need? Eat, sleep, quietly go to the bathroom, warmth and sex. The first four things are provided they the command, but there’re very few women in town and the majority are married. But now prostitutes brought to the mayor’s birthday party are stuck in town. Their pimp got killed, they cannot leave, have no food, no shelter. And Serega offers them a job, but not quite by their trade. All together, they organize a "brothel" where the main task of the girls is to make soldiers spend as much money as possible while giving as little love as possible to " the enemies of the motherland ."
After a huge number of tests and challenges, faced with internal conflicts and Stockholm syndrome, the protagonists manage to realize their purpose in life. But the more successful they get, the more they realize that they have painted themselves into a corner. If something doesn’t work out and they get busted - they will get shot by the Americans. And the better they are able to harm the occupants, the sooner the occupants will leave the town and then the guys will get shot as traitors by their own soldiers , or police , or "partisans", or get torn apart by the impoverished hungry and angry oil workers.

CHARACTERS

JOHN – An American soldier of the same age as Lesha and Serega. Driver. Adventurer, going to the tundra and looking for a bear with a knife is a regular thing to do for him. Dreams of dedicating all his life to the army and the command is sick and tired of his requests to send him on the most difficult task in the "hottest spot." Continuously and independently train to be a better soldier. As well as Serega fell in love with Monica and wants to take her out of this godforsaken place.
SEREGA – (~20 e.o.) handsome, charming and a womanizer. Often takes risks for the sake of adrenaline. Can convince anyone of anything, but during all his life hasn’t opened a single book, and wasn’t interested in anything that does not bring money. As a result, people ask him for help first and then he reluctantly has to admit the superiority of Lesha.
"Ladies of the night" – the girls who by chance ended up in this godforsaken place at the beginning of the war, and now “entertain” American soldiers for stew and other advantages of the civilization.
MONICA – lieder, later becomes a companion of Lesha and Serega. Serega and John are gradually falling in love with her.
LOLA - a prostitute who has to act as a bouncer because she’s a former wrestling champion.
HENRY RIVER («CAPTAIN AMERICA») – (~45 e.o.) a professional soldier, a long time ago could become a general or a marshal, but expresses his opinion (often correct) right in the face of the authorities. He quickly realizes that someone is sabotaging the camp but cannot catch the saboteurs. His principles require punishment of the guilty only, but by the rules of war. His methods are not only force, he knows well people and knows whom to bribe and for how much.
LESHA - (~20 e.o.) a man encyclopedia, in theory he knows everything and now has to constantly put his knowledge into practice. However, it is very difficult for him to communicate with people; he blushes, gets embarrassed and in the most nervous moments gets completely silent. To loosen him up (and because he is the only one in town who speaks English) Serega puts him at the bar and Lesha slowly begins to learn how to talk to people.
OLAF ("DOROTHY") – (~20 e.o.) A huge jock from Kansas. Gunner. The nickname was given to him by River and now it's his call sign, but when the nickname is pronounced out of military service - he flies into a rage and his anger is terrifying. Normally he has two states: good and evil. In the first one he’s like a big calf, in the second one he’s more like a bear ill with rabies, so when he’s drunk he can kill.
CARL ("Toto") - (~20 e.o.) the best friend of Olaf, for which he received a nickname. Radioman. He believes that he can sing and cook. Despite the fact that he’s the smallest and the skinniest is able to calm the drunk Olaf. Well versed in technology. Enrolled in the army to get a scholarship to get education, but at the moment doesn’t know what to specialize in. Shy of the girls.
RICHARD – (~25 e.o.)An American soldier. Vehicle commander. He's older than the others. Before the army used to be in a street gang. Enrolled in the army to avoid jail. A smart sadist.
DMITRY YURIEVITCH - (~45 e.o.) a local "guerrilla-terrorist." The organizer of the underground, russophile, one of the few who speaks English. Constantly teaches life and is generally right, but does so only for the sake of manipulating people to make money off the Americans and the locals. Hates Serega and Lesha because Americans "need" them more than him.
ROMA ("TIN") - a little older than Lesha and Serega. Before the occupation, like the most local men, was working on the rig, a fan of ultimate fighting and a gym, but after the occupation training has become a luxury as there is no food. Serega and Lesha hire him when they realize that they cannot cope with the soldiers and drunk Olaf.
ANTON ANTONOVICH - the mayor of the town. Hates Serega and Lesha for their growing power (influence).
"VAHMURKA" and "KRZHEMELIK" - police officers. Hate Serega and Lesha because they took advantage of the situation and created the brothel ("think they are above the law").
FYODOR IVANOVICH LYULYUKOV - head of the local branch of the "company." A smart and decisive man. At his command, the valves on all the roofs were welded preventing Americans from starting extraction or making the locals produce and now they are waiting for new equipment. If not for his relationship with Lesha’s mother, he would have strangled him and Serega as traitors. Because of him the guys always ashamed of the brothel and cannot talk about their subversive activities.
APAI (REINDEER HERDER) - with the beginning of the occupation he became akin to a god or a spirit of the tundra. He comes out of nowhere, where it is impossible to survive, and goes nowhere. As a magician, he pulls out of his sled everything: meat, fish, Polish cigarettes, Brazilian coffee, new warm clothes, weapons. He didn’t try to get rich, loves everyone, doesn’t understand what the new government is different from the old one and this scares Serega and Lesha - maybe he's right.
AMERICAN SOLDIERS – Lesha’s and Serega’s peers. They were put on a plane somewhere in the hot desert and were dropped over the vast snowy plain. They have no idea why they are here but they are soldiers and they have to serve. They were given the right to kill but weren’t given the right to drink alcohol, and they are where they need to obey the army law but on leave, in a brothel, they become billionaires with bread and canned meat, gods with the right to judge. Each of them has a story how they got there - from where the locals are trying to get out.
OIL WORKERS - they found themselves a situation with no work, no food, no communication and it is impossible to leave. Hate Serega and Lesha for everything: because they have food, probably have sex, for the fact that they betrayed their motherland, for having violated the law. They would have killed them long ago but they have no weapons.

Each episode begins with the guys freezing outside in the cold, they are going to be executed and are trying to remember who is going to shoot them, how they screwed up and why the end of their life is so much "fun" ...

Your ideas are interesting and maybe somewhat fun, but I think they'd have more of a local appeal(a Russian TV series) rather than international one, but who knows... I think you should write a pilot(the series first episode) and try to do something with it(eg: submit it to contests, send query letters, etc.). Best of luck with this project!

Whot do you thing
I need your personal opinion, good and bead

Slightly unrelated. I see that English isn't your primary language. I found myself trying to interpret what you were trying to say instead of enjoying the story you were trying to tell. I don't say this to pick on you or your writing, just to give you a perspective. If you're going to want to sell this to English speaking production companies, it'd be well worth learning to write better in English.

Keep on writing. Write, write, write. Also read lots of scripts. As for this story. To me it reads like a fictionalized news report. While you may see where the heart and emotion will be shown in your story, as a reader I didn't see it. It's the concept and the characters that peaks the readers interest, it's the emotional journey that makes the audience come for the ride.

Last edited:
Sweetie, thank you. You is rite, english isn't my language.

And maybe you writhe. If I see complex heroes and conflict I dont't woried about story. But producer don't has my cnowleges and experience. If I wanted to sell a story I need to write good fiction rafer then "Engineering plan how this macke"

Back