Which Tripod should I buy?

Hey everyone, so I finally have got myself a camera. I got a great deal for a t5i with a bag for $600 so woohoo for that. Now I'm ready to buy some equipment and I'm thinking I should get a tripod next. DSLRGuide says to get the Libec TH-650DV Tripod for $200, but I see that's now discontinued. There's also the Libec TH-650HD Head/Tripod with Carrying Case for $200 but I'm not sure if that would be good. Any suggestions. My budget is around $200.

After this I plan to get the Rode VideoMic and the Zoom H1 for my audio.

Before doing that look around for an "audio partner;" someone who may be interested in sound-for-picture and has the basics.

While I understand the value of having an audio partner, I feel like at the moment I just want to make some small things with friends, just to dip my feet in the water. I feel far from professional at this point and feel like gaining some more experience on my own is a good idea before asking for serious help.

Edit: now I see the Libec TH-650HD is the successor to the TH-650DV (I assume they fixed the camera lock) so right now I'm definitely leaning towards that, unless someone objects. :P

Last edited:
Back