Where to buy gear online

Hi Everyone,

I was looking around the internet for places that sell filming gear. Just wanted to ask everyone where they like to perches their equipment from. All and any links will be helpful, if not to me then someone else maybe. I mean gear like, lights and stands, Cameras any mounts, you get the point.

Thanks guys

WAX

I always use B&H Photo to find equipment and get good reviews, but before actually buying anything I price check with Amazon, cause sometimes they have lower prices.

If you are working consistently then it's always better to spend a few extra $$$ on a reputable vendor that gives solid customer support. B&H has been a great vendor for me for about 15 years - lots of help besides a few good package deals.

If you are working consistently then it's always better to spend a few extra $$$ on a reputable vendor that gives solid customer support. B&H has been a great vendor for me for about 15 years - lots of help besides a few good package deals.
I'd agree with this. A lot of eBay sellers give fairly poor customer support, and it's not easy to return items. If you're a professional or a semi-pro (or looking to become one) then spending a little more for peace of mind (when it comes to customer support, and knowing the gear is actually what it says it is) is probably worth it in the long run.

Personally I'm a student and an amateur, so I don't need brand new gear of the highest quality, so saving some cash on eBay works for me (I can't afford more anyway). I recently had my first bad luck with some lights that just weren't up to the standard they should've been. Thankfully I'm friends with a sparky, and he replaced some of the dodgier components. I did my research on the brand, and knew they were a risk, although a lot less riskier than the some of the other knock off brands. I got unlucky. If I had about twice as much money to spend I would have lights that look the same, but with far better quality components, and I wouldn't be stressed about them breaking down every time I took them to set (which happened once, and was embarrassing and costly in terms of time).

But it's still the better option for me. It was either shitty lights or no lights at all. Hiring them where I live isn't economically viable unless it's only for a couple of days, but I wanted to have more time to practice using them on my own watch. If I was a professional or working on someone elses set I wouldn't go near them and would follow Alcove's advice.

Bingo.

I use B&H for most film equipment, but I also use Amazon.

Thanks everyone!!

I was looking at B&H when I posted this thread, just thought that there may be others to look at. But by the comments looks like B&H is the place to shop thanks guys.

WAX

Film Tools has great filming equipment online and the other one is Prokit. Both of them have the best gear that you are looking for. Try to visit their site to know more about them.

Back