• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What's your poison?

Hey all,

Been mega busy and first time in ages I got back onto here!

In editing, what's your poison? ie, what do you use to edit?
Just curious :)

I'm a vegas user so.

:cheers:

Josh

Premiere Pro mostly. But recently I have been using FCP X, but for some reason it is so frustrating to use. It took me and a friend 3 hours to make a simple end credit sequence.

Premiere Pro mostly. But recently I have been using FCP X, but for some reason it is so frustrating to use. It took me and a friend 3 hours to make a simple end credit sequence.

Oh god, FCP X is terrible! We had it as a trial at college and literally we just gave up editing. Then we got our 7.3 back. So we became happy bunnies.

I had been using FCPX for everything ever since I got my 7D. It was very frustrating, took way too long to export and had very few capabilities.

Two months ago I started using Premiere and it is unbelievably so much better. Much easier to use, and provides a lot more professional editing capabilities. I finished four projects on it that in the time it took for me to finish one on FCP. (A week.)

Vegas fan here!

I really love this software. Fast, friendly interface, good native plugins, very good keys in keyboard helping the work, etc. I used Premiere and Final Cut, and I still prefer Vegas. The current support for GPU acceleration with my GeForce GTX 285 completed what was lacking.

For editing, I use Sony Vegas Pro 10 and Adobe Premiere CS5. For other things like motion graphics and effects I'll use After Effects, Maya, Matchmover, Composite, Photoshop etc...

I use Final Cut Pro 7. So far every producer that I worked with uses FCP.. they havent switched out of it or gone to anything else. yet? Ive worked on 2 major tv series overseas and I was recently in a studio in LA working on my first feature.. Final Cut Pro is used simply for editing and then CGI was done completely by another team.

Adobe Premiere is a powerful tool if you tend do edit and incorporate many after effects shots into your edit then it be the ideal choice..

Avid is also widely used but I have not gone that route..

Premiere CS5.5 Productivity bundle, but have FCP X, Motion and Compressor and use them occasionally, also. It's nice to be able to deliver in ProRes if requested. Also have been messing around with DaVinci (free), but am not seeing the light on this yet. :)

Back