What's up party people?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
What have you been up to in the non-film world?

pfff, not much:
I'm in the middle of a timelapse project while the weather sucks: clear blue skies or grey blankets are not what I need, so I'm gazing at satellite photos and weather forcasts ;)

2 Weeks ago after doing groceries I suddenly saw people trying to hitch a hike (do I say this right?) and I thought: why not?
(Hitch hiking is very very rare in The Netherlands)
They only wanted to go to the center of Rotterdam: not that far.
So I stopped on the buslane, drove back in reverse used the claxon.
2 Spanish girls came running to the car. it barely fit (Ford Ka with a trunk of groceries)
I asked them where they wanted to go in the center of Rotterdam and they had no idea. lol
So I drove to the (more or less famous) Markthal and did a little walking tour and showed them a hostel where they could stay.
I had to go back to my chores, but we met up in the evening to have a drink and I showed them an old harbour and the skyline at the Kop van Zuid with a red moon rising.

Next day I had a lot of things to do, but in the evening I gave them a walking tour in Delft and drove them to Amsterdam.

So my trip to the supermarket went a bit different and took a lot longer than usual :P
It was great fun. Communicating was also funny: English and some French, since only 1 of them understood English adequately, lol. But my French isn't that good. So one of them was often translating to English or to Spanish.

I went to this place called dobbins island. It's got trees and beaches and stuff but it's only accessible by boat. So you need to own a boat or have a friend with a boat to get there.

And I went during the day in the middle of the week.
So you need to either not have a day job or be a college student on summer break or something.

There were still about 15 people there. Pretty crazy.
It was fun though I may have stepped on a human vertebrae

Just saw KISS live in concert...they rocked! Relaxing on the lake. Remodeling our kitchen! Building a new editing bay.

Catching up on movies. Saw STAR TREK and JASON BOURNE. I liked the previous entries more, but I enjoyed these. Just rented CRIMINAL, which I also saw in the theater. I think Costner does an amazing job of playing a psychopath, who starts to develop emotions.

Otherwise, it's summer. I'm on a diet. Lost the first 10 pounds and am aiming for 50 more.

I wish I could lose these next 10 pounds.
I want to be beautiful. I can almost imagine what that would feel like.

I want my pretty hair back :(

I would also like my pretty hair back; it was a long blue mohawk that my corporate office day job won't go for (I often ask). The real reason I strive for creative success...

Been going to lots of shows, playing a few myself, the usual. Worked up a cover of Suicide's "Frankie Teardrop" to play at a couple gigs next week. Playing lots of video games, learning Magic The Gathering to play with my girlfriend (there is an awesome phone app version that saves you from buying all the cards), reading lots of books. Drinking too much, exercising too little. The usual.

Might be returning to a scoring project next year. Can't say what it is, but an official stage adaptation of a classic horror movie. They want 10-15 minutes worth of 80s style synth score, which I'm planning on expanding into a releasable album, with vocal tracks. Scoring as my band in my own style, which is something I've wanted to do for a while.

I would also like my pretty hair back; it was a long blue mohawk that my corporate office day job won't go for (I often ask). The real reason I strive for creative success...

This may sound ridiculous... but... you could always throw on wig when you go to work.

Last edited:
On a trip to Bornholm, Denmark, trying to catch up on some light comedy reading (Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy). Quite accurately, being a dufus in not noticing a classified global forum.

Getting ready for GDC EU and Gamescom in Cologne, GER in about a week! Looking to get a little more in touch with devs around Germany, and in the area nearby.

I woke up to news that someone had been stabbed outside my work place on my day off, then I went shopping only for the day after that to find out someone had been stabbed there aswel the day after I went.

I'm feeling either lucky or like my luck is catching up to me.

Let's see……

Went to the dentist, touched up a couple of fillings.

Took the family to see "Finding Dory."

Had a very large tree removed from my front yard.

Sat in my back yard yesterday afternoon & evening and watched all the "critters" - raccoons, chipmunks, black & grey squirrels, rabbits/hares, plus lots of birds - crows, cardinals, woodpeckers, a hawk (couldn't tell what kind), sparrows, chickadees and even bats (which are really cool!).

Cleaned the basement.

Neatened the garage.

Did a deep cleaning of the studio. The control room is next week.

And all of the usual real life crap - laundry, shopping, bills, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Been busy lately working on some health-related issues, as well as looking into my potential next career, as a school teacher. Cuz, you know, those who can't do...

:lol:

Been to a beach south of Calais at night to see the Perseides fall from the sky. It was magical. Tried to photograph them as well, but mostly captured satellites, although we captured a few stunning ones :)
We could see England as well.
Then we took a little nap on the beach and woke up to see the sun set, walk on the beach and walk in the cold water. After breakfast on the beach we went back and finally saw the beautiful landscapes we drove through in the middle of the night.

Lots going on right now, birthday today, daughter's first day of school, my younger brother is moving to a new place a couple hours away due to work. On the more melancholic side, today is also my last day off of work from last Tuesday.

Cheers to this community!

Back