What's on your shopping list? Just curious :)

What's on your shopping list? We all have one :)

I have a few items on my shopping list, which I will probably buy around January/February.

Anyone care to share what they are planning to buy soon? :)

Tamron 2.8 28mm-75mm and a couple LED Kino-wannabees :cool:

If Santa comes early, then maybe the Rokinon fixed lenses (24mm & 35mm f1.4's) that I keep oogling. :yes:

Of course, if anyone needs great xmas deals on movie-related plushes... whisper in my ear. :blush:

My next gear purchases will probably be a rackmount Pod X3 (if I can find a good deal on one) and a Behringer MIDI foot controller to go with it. Oh, and a handtruck so I can stop killing myself lugging the rack case to shows.

I really want to upgrade my scoring rig, but that's way out of my budget right now. Hopefully next year. Though I'm sure I'd use the Pod on scores as well as live, so I guess that still counts!

I have so much stuff on my list. I'm a total gear head.

To complete my editing suite at home. I want to get some studio monitors (possibly a 5.1 setup). An audio control surface. Probably the Euphonix artist control. I want a Panasonic plasma (B&H sells one that is made for color house, to be color accurate). Upgrade to CS6.

For my kit, I have a bunch of different lens I want. 12 foot Kessler crane, the mini shuttle pod setup (Kessler). Glidecam HD4000 with vest and arm. Also want to build a CineStar 8, to fly my fs100. A whole kit of audio equipment.

I think that just scratches the surface.

Some nice wishes here. I can relate mostly to what Jeff is saying :). I do want a reference monitor to go along with my 27" Imac too. But not a priority.

At the moment, I am looking at buying a set of Carl Zeiss CP.2 lenses and possibly a RED. I was looking at the Scarlet, but long term investment wise, the RED EPIC is probably a better choice! We will see what happens!

Lenses in a decent range of primes
rods, follow focus, mattebox with 4x4 drop in filter slots
more batteries and SDHC Cards
Lights
Grip equipment (c-stands, flags/scrims, apple boxes, sand bags)

A completed script that is brilliant, some amazing actors that'll work for peanuts, a caterer that'll donate goodies, and none of the gear thus far mentioned.

Right now I'd like to buy the last 1000 words of this essay (essay number 15, of 17, this term! Woop!).

Other than that. Quite like an iPhone 5.

Definitely the Black magic cinema camera, or a sound devices 664 field mixer, and various new mics to go with it. thats all wishes though can't see any of that being bought for a while :(

in the short term, couple of new prime lenses, Shoulder rig with follow focus and matte box (even if its a cheap one) tbf every time i go on ebay or a production site i think of something that would make my film making easier or better haha

My shopping-list is going to require a whole lot of penny-pinching:

Professional Sound Guy
DP
Makeup Artist
Associate Producer
Cast
Colorist
Composer
Professional Sound Mixer

As of now, that's the bare-minimum for my next feature. This list may grow.

Back