What music do YOU listen to?

Literally everything (yes, some country and rap, though neither are genres I listen to a lot of). From tuvan throat singing to ska. From orchestral music to traditional folk to electronica. In the past week, cds I've listened to:

Swans (early stuff, minimal super slow SCARY drone-rock)
Opeth (death metal meets prog/psych-folk)
Circulus (psychedelic folk)
Arvo Part (minimalist classical)
Oingo Boingo (new wave randomness from Danny Elfman! One of my favorite bands ever)
Tindersticks (dark lounge/soul)
Skinny Puppy (electro industrial)
The Church (psychedelic rock/pop)
Katzenjammer (kinda acoustic-y/folksy cartoon music? Shonen Knife meets Gogol Bordello, only more random!)
Low (minimal slo-core rock)
Aphid Moon (dark psy-trance)
Tannahill Weavers (traditional Celtic folk)
Vond (dark ambient)
Raison d'Etre (more dark ambient)
Pancreatic Aardvarks (ambient/noise...old project of mine, so that only half counts)
Leonard Cohen (singer-songwriter stuff)

An average week usually has more, and a wider variety, but have been sort of binging on Oingo Boingo lately. Just got tickets to see Swans in Cleveland in September, so I imagine I'll be over-playing their stuff in upcoming weeks! Oh, and I always listen to way too much of my own music. It's only half arrogance; my goal is to write music I want to listen to, so if I am, that means I did what I wanted to!

To quote Frank Zappa, "music is the best"

Leonard Cohen (singer-songwriter stuff)
:yes:

Just watched "I'm Your Man"

Zappa. What can be said that hasn't already? Wow. I recently got a hankering for "One Size Fits All" but I couldn't find my old tape cassette anywhere so I resorted to YouTube for a fix. It's all there. Still amazing.

:yes:

Just watched "I'm Your Man"

Zappa. What can be said that hasn't already? Wow. I recently got a hankering for "One Size Fits All" but I couldn't find my old tape cassette anywhere so I resorted to YouTube for a fix. It's all there. Still amazing.

A few months ago someone broke into my car and stole a few cds. Mostly mixes I had made, but the two actual cds were a friend's band in Utah and my copy of "One Size Fits All". I was not pleased. "Inca Roads" is an astounding song.

Oh, and I forgot, I had a Mary Fahl cd in the car yesterday (former singer of the October Project...kinda pop-ish, lots of orchestra stuff). And watched the Flaming Lips and Pixies documentaries on Netflix. Yeah, I listen to too much music ;)

I like to listen to a lot of different stuff but mainly heavy rock or metal:

Tool
Soundgarden
Opeth
Dream theater
Chevelle
Deftones
RATM
SOAD
Rise Against
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Local H
Bonobo

I could go on all day.

Just recently saw Furthur(followup band after Jerry Garcia's death brokeup the Grateful Dead).

I like a lot of hard punk music like NoFX, Pennywise, Strungout etc..
I like oldschool hiphop before Drake and when Lilwayne still had braces. Nas, Big L, Big Pun, Tribe, De La Soul, Common, MosDef, Talib Kwali.
I like Buddy Holly, the Animals, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart's Maggie May,
Tiesto is okay not really into trance or techno, got rid of my robot ears when I turned 21.
I love Jazz and Blues, Louis Armstrong, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnnie Cash, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, BB King

I have my music forever on shuffle because my tastes are so damn eclectic, damn me for being well rounded.

Movie soundtracks. Nothing but. In my car you'll find over 100 movie soundtracks and two neglected non soundtracks. One is Queen the other is Fountains Of Wayne.

Which ones are your fav?

well here goes.

Along Came a Spider, Vertigo, Psycho, North By Northwest, Defiance, Edward Scissorhands, Finding Nemo, Girl With a Pearl Earing, Harry Potter (John Williams and Nicholas Hooper), Star Wars, Close Encounters, ET, Lady In The Water, Jaws, Jurassic Park, King Kong, Lord Of The Rings, Premonition, Fantastic Mr Fox, Journey To The Center of The Earth, Dirty Harry, Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Panic Room, Peter Pan, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Shawshank Redemption, Signs, X-Men, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Stargate, The Ciderhouse Rules, Dark Knight, Star Trek First Contact, Trinity and Beyond, What Lies Beneath, Miss Potter, Dave, Back to The Future, Amelie, Cinema Paradiso, Red Dragon, The Grudge, When a Stranger Calls, The Machinist, .............. man that's enough.

Back