What is a good DVD ripper?

I have adobe premiere. And I ripped 28 days later to avi with this program, but it has no audio when imported to premiere. And that seems to be very common; searched google and it happens to alot of people.

I guess im looking for a free dvd ripper you guys reccomend so I can rip 28 days later to mpeg, so I can extract some of the audio. Im trying to extract the screaming of the infected, and the songs. So I can add them to my film. (Im aware that goes against copyrights, its just for a little school project)

Thanks

Could be that audio is just muted in Adobe Premiere, that is what I got when I tried a demo version at least when importing high def footage. I am a Linux operating system guy most of the time, so this may not be much use to you, but if you have linux and mplayer (a popular linux multimedia player) installed, with its codecs, i commonly rip DVDs with the command ($ being the command line prompt for an ordinary user):
$ mplayer dvd:// -dumpstream -dumpfile mymovie.avi
By default the above command rips the largest track which is the movie; you could rip a specific track such as track 3 by doing
$ mplayer dvd://3 -dumpstream -dumpfile mymovie.avi
Ubuntu Linux: http://www.ubuntu.com/

I have adobe premiere. And I ripped 28 days later to avi with this program, but it has no audio when imported to premiere. And that seems to be very common; searched google and it happens to alot of people. I guess im looking for a free dvd ripper you guys reccomend so I can rip 28 days later to mpeg, so I can extract some of the audio. Im trying to extract the screaming of the infected, and the songs. So I can add them to my film. (Im aware that goes against copyrights, its just for a little school project)

Thanks

Back