• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

what gloves in light department

Hi people what gloves people are using arri or some thing else? I had before some light version gloves, but they was so bad that they made like more wens to the hand than without lol. So I would like to hear what people are using in light department when the lights are hot and you have to work + carry stuff with them too. If you want to share some other stuff what you are using in your belt It would be nice to hear!

thx

I've just got a pair of cheap leather work gloves that seem to work fine. I've also used Mechanix gloves, which are designed for automotive work - they're basically the same as the one's marketed for lighting work, but they're more readily available at any auto parts or home improvement store and can be cheaper as a result.

Leather.. any leather. Just make sure it's actually leather, and not 'pleather' the last thing you want is some fake leather rubberized plastic to melt to your hand, that'll ruin your whole day.

Back