What Do You Wish Was Invented?

Laser Chalk :cool:

Similar to a Laser Pointer, except you can draw on surfaces with it. The drawing marks then slowly fade over a few minutes. Great for quickly making actor marks, delinating edge of frame for crew with a wave of the wrist, etc.

I won't be happy until I have a holodeck.

i'd love a holodeck, but only with MYSELF being the only person who uses it/knows about it... so much money can be saved on sets, actors, lighting, stunts... i would love to just travel to the future, use the holodeck to make a movie, then get outta there (Hopefully camera lenses can see the illusions)

I'd also like to travel back to time with the dinosaurs and shoot some footage of them and make a movie with it (get some actors to provoke and run from them also)

I want a direct brain interface that will track into a computer exactly what I hear in my head. Lots of other applications to - just think it and at appears in writing, or visually, or...

I'm fairly simple here. I want a full frame or medium format digital film camera. Basically, I want a 1Dx/c, 5D, Hasselblad, etc. that shoots at 24, 30, 60, & 120fps continuously in raw. You can grade/correct/edit/layer/etc. in Photoshop and assemble frame by frame or in groups.

Hover cam. I need a rock solid hover cam. Place it anywhere in the scene and there it floats without moving. Add programmable movment paths.. and were golden.

A matrix style chair where i can just learn whatever shit i want, i would start by learning all the skills of all the successful directors..

could you imagine..

a camera with a built in microphone that sounds incredible and doesnt need any post work done to it.... that also performs great oral sex if waiting on a sequence to render

I wish they invented a camera lens where you can open up and get a lot of exposure, and still maintain deep DOF. I wish they invented a shotgun mic with a further range.

Last edited:
A device that would allow you to look back into the past (not travel there) and see how something really looked rather than how someone now imagines it. This would really be helpful for events that happened before the invention of photography.

I want a program that lets you eliminate certain sounds from an audio track (IE. random car horns, birds, wind) while maintaining the integrity of the dialogue and wanted sounds. That would save a whole lot of ADR time.

That or something that keeps the planet/sun from moving so that the sun/shadows don't move all over the f'in place.

Last edited:
I'm with Alcove, I want a brain-computer interface that translates my thoughts (images AND sound) into media. I would make one oscar-winning animated short film every hour.

I wish they invented a camera lens where you can open up and get a lot of exposure, and still maintain deep DOF. I wish they invented a shotgun mic with a further range.

They invented it.

It's called light.

Back